baby pregnancy

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Overdue update

Life is just so darn busy right now, I barely have time to read and comment on blogs much less post anything here! So since Lexi is currently at mom's for a little bit (she was napping when my dr appt was over so instead of going over and waking her I came home and will go get her in a bit..) I figured I would post a quick update.

On the 21st Lexi turned 17 months! Time sure does fly. She is starting to try and talk more and more - she has seemed uninterested up until recently. She will make several animal sounds and knows where lots of body parts are. She is up to around 27lbs and I have no idea how tall she is, but I would be willing to bet she is going to be taller than I am! She is wearing 24month clothes and wears a size 5 diaper from the Hone.st company. She has a lot of spunk and is not afraid to show it. She is in a bit of an ornery stage right now and I am ready for it to end. She is hitting, kicking, pinching, and most recently biting. I wish I knew how to get her to STOP! We have tried everything I can think of to no avail. She primarily does this when she is tired and is not wanting to go take a nap or go to bed. We started swimming classes a few weeks ago and I was really excited because the girl loves the water....just not the water in the pool. I am not sure why - but I feel like I am torturing her by making her go. We are going to start having daddy go with her here in a week or two since I won't be able to go after my surgery, if it doesn't go any better we will cancel for now and try again at a later date. After about 10 minutes of being there she starts signing "all done" and "please" (with both hands...) thankfully she hasn't signed "thank you" when we get out of the pool yet - that would make me feel even worse! She is currently teething...again...and these teeth seem to be causing her more irritation than others have. She loves her teething necklace, but yesterday she actually bit one of the pieces off....so, no more necklace :(
For father's day part of R's gift was a nice picture of Lexi to put on his desk - he saw an acrylic frame he liked at the studio last time we had pictures done and almost got one then but decided not to. So, Lexi went and had her picture taken and we got him one in the frame (pics below).

As far as the pregnancy goes all is progressing as expected. I saw the high risk team last week and they are pleased with how things are, all things considered. My next appointment is on the 9th and at that time they will get everything scheduled. But, only about 3 weeks and maybe a few days left before the big day. I will be 36 weeks then and that is the time frame they are looking at. We toured the hospital that same day as well. It isn't the nice cushy place like we had in WA, but it will do. They have 'upgraded' rooms available for a fee and we are going to look at them after my next appointment. Baby girl is doing great and is still measuring ahead. Next growth scan is the same day right before the dr appt. The fatigue of the 3rd trimester has hit - as has the swelling, by the end of the day my feet are so swollen and my ankles are nearly impossible to detect. Lexi doesn't allow for much down time so I don't see this getting any better. Baby's room is almost done and I will post pictures once it is. It is coming together nicely and I am excited to get it all done!

Well, I guess that is about it :)

Here are some pictures of Lexi from her father's day photo shoot:




















The last one is my absolute favorite (Where are Lexi's cheeks??) and is the one we chose for R's gift.

:)

5 comments:

  1. So stinking cute! I love, love, love that last one. I can't believe you've been gone long enough for her to have gotten so big! I think of you often and hope you are doing well. Baby girl will be here SO SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lids went through a major hitting, pushing, kicking and biting stage a month or two ago and I was really freaking out but luckily it just kind of worked itself out without us doing much. We try to watch for when it seems to happen and avoid times like that as much as we can.. also usually when tired but kept up.. so just trying to show us she is frustrated. She is sooo much better now so I hope Lexi goes through it and out of it quickly too!! So glad to hear the pregnancy is going well. Wow, I can't believe how soon baby will be here!!! Eek! :) Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and the photos!! Sooo beautiful!! She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lexi is super duper adorable. Love how she poses so cutely. Biting, kicking, fighting it all seems part of every toddler's life. Just getting my 20 month old into the bath is hard work. Then when I am done giving her a bath, she doesn't want to get out of the bath. SO frustrating. Everything seems like a fight. But the beautiful moments always top the hard ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh love the pics....and the last one is too cute. Her hair is getting so long! Hope you are doing well Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete