baby pregnancy

Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm old....16 months...and pregnancy update

I have been having a terrible time finding the time to update this blog - so here are some updates, all crammed together and abbreviated from what they might be if I only had more time! Oddly enough, it seems like since I quit working, I am busier than ever - but good busy, spending time with one of my all time favorite people...Lexi! We have joined Gymb.oree and go to classes there each week - she LOVES it. Next week we are starting a swimming class...looking forward to it and dreading being in a swimming suit :/

Last weekend was my birthday - I am old - 36! Yikes, how did that happen??? I got to spend the day with R and Lexi and we had a nice time. I have decided that it is time to start counting backwards, though, so next year, I will only be 35, again! :D

Lexi turned 16 months old on the 21st. Again, how did that happen??? She is becoming such a little girl....and while I love it, it also makes me a little sad. She is SUCH a girl - and I love that. She loves her doggies and gets so excited whenever she sees a dog while we are out and about. It is super cute. EAting is hit and miss, but she will usually try just about anything that daddy has her try - me, not so much, it usually goes to the dogs instead. Like tonight for instance...Daddy is at work late tonight so it is just me and Lexi for dinner - and she has been feeding it to the dogs...grrr. So frustrating. Speaking of R working late (which I hate, by the way) the nights he isn't here for bedtime, he HAS to call, otherwise Lexi will stand/sit/lay there and SCREAM for her daddy. Then, within 10 minutes of him calling and telling her goodnight, she will go to sleep. So yeah....a daddy's girl already.
As I mentioned above, we are going to play and learn group at Gym.boree and she loves it - though even though we are going to the 16-22 month class, she is bigger than just about all the kids there. She is just as mobile and the older kids and loves being around them. Swimming is next - anxious to see how she likes it! It is fun to get her out and playing around/with other kids - and it gets us out of the house which is always nice as well - oh yeah, and it wears her out :)
She has been difficult when it comes to napping lately - only falling asleep if I am holding her then waking the second I try to put her down - and not going back to sleep. She will scream/cry until she vomits if she doesn't get picked back up. HAVE to break this habit - we are working on it, but it is s-l-o-w going right now. Since weaning her, she has been sleeping through the night, which is awesome (too bad I CAN'T sleep through the night! :(  oh well).
She can point to various animals in her books, but always signs dog for just about all of them. She can also identify her head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, toes, tummy, and cheeks.
She doesn't seem to have a lot of interest in language acquisition, still really only saying the same words as last month. I read somewhere that toddlers tend to focus on the skills they are "good" at or more interested in than others...so apparently language isn't something she is all that interested in yet. Hopefully soon. She picks up signs easily now though, which is nice. She has started shaking her finger at us when we tell her no - or if she sees/does something she knows she is not allowed to do. And when she needs her diaper changed she gets a diaper, the wipes and tells us "phewey" (sp??). It is really cute and pretty funny. She also will take a drink and then go "ahhh" - also really cute and funny. I want to get it on video but haven't been able to, yet.

I still haven't loaded pictures on the computer...soon....

As far as the pregnancy goes - I am 28 weeks and 1 day. Things are going well (all things considered)...I am super tired now again though. I have had a lot more abdominal pain this time around and the drs all seem to think this is attributed to the placenta issues - telling me that they often hear this complain in their accreta patients. Last week was my most recent appt with the high risk dr - they did another ultrasound and baby girl is growing and developing right on track and a little ahead. They did use a different probe/head on the machine that doesn't go as deep - and have determined that the accreta is actually an increta - so it has grown into the myometrium. Not the best of news, but it still does not appear to have grown into any organs. Focusing on the positive....

Ok, I think that is about it...whew!
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I have got to say I must really be behind on catching up on blogs! I just figured out that you are pg. Congratulations! A surprise bfp?!?!? Sooooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!! Aww how sweet that Lexi is such a Daddy's girl! :) Lids really struggles on nights that Daddy isn't around before bed too. Isn't often but it definitely confuses her and makes her sad. Glad she is eating well for Daddy. Maybe I need to try this with Lids! So glad that she loves Gym boree!! How fun! Hope swimming lessons go well too.

    ReplyDelete