to blog is a hard thing to do these days. Busy doesn't quite explain how things are these days. I don't even know how long it will take me to get this post written, I am aiming for today or tomorrow. For the record, I started this on 10/3, so we will see...(clearly didn't happen since I am finishing this up on the 19th!!!! ugh!)
Alexis and Calliana had their 18 month (late!) and 2 month well baby checks a few weeks ago. Lexi was 20 months when she had hers, but well, I was in the hospital when she turned 18 months.
Alexis is now 33 inches tall and weighs in at 27 pounds. I can't believe how big she is getting. If you have a way of slowing things down, please let me know!!! She is a rock start developmentally, exceeding all expectations.
She is talking more and more these days, I am pretty sure she learns at least one new word each day. Her current favorites are "poop" and "booger" - awesome, right? She saw our dog, Cara, poop in the yard and now that is all she says when she sees her. It is one of the first things she says to me every day. That or "ouch" - she got her first 'real' owie several weeks ago, a cut on her toe, and she makes sure to remind us, oh, about 2000 times a day. Then she asks for a "dan-bay" (bandaid). Of course she asks for a bandaid whenever she bumps her head or whatever.
She LOVES the snow - we have had two small snow storms come through in the last few weeks - only accumulating a couple of inches each time, but she had a blast playing in it. She hated to come inside after being out playing in it - but it was COLD!!
She is such fun right now - really wanting to interact and converse with us. I think we are about ready to start potty training - I just have to make it a priority and get to it.
Eating - eh - this is hit or miss. She still prefers to take food from someone other than me. I just don't feel like she eats enough at meal time. Some of her favorites are: yogurt, corn, peas, mac and cheese, pizza, tacos, anything with cheese (she is her mama's girl!)
It seems like we are starting to see some signs of jealousy with her sister. Lexi behaves pretty well until I go to nurse Calliana; then she starts doing anything and everything she can think of that she knows she is not allowed to do. I have tried having "special" toys that she just gets to play with while I am taking care of Calli and the I-pad. The I-pad seems to work the best. Things seem to be worse in the late afternoon/evening than they are earlier in the day.
The other side of that is that she seems to just love her little sister. She is constantly wanting to hold her, kiss her and tries to get her to play not understanding that Calli is just too small yet and can't throw the ball with her.
It is a delicate balance that I am still working on finding.
Calliana did very well at the dr's office as well for her 2 month appt. She is now 3 months old...but better late than never.
She was 22 1/2 inches tall and weighed 10 lbs. 2 oz. Just shy of doubling her weight already - the dr was thrilled because they don't generally expect this until they are 4 months old. Developmentally she is right where she should be - again they were happy with this considering she was one month early - they said that even if she was a month behind developmentally they would have been happy.
She has started smiling at us and it is just the best thing ever. Her whole face lights up. She is going to be my talker I think - she is already "talking" to us every chance she gets. I just don't remember Lexi "talking' like this at this age.
She hates bath time unless it is in the tub with me.
Sleep is pretty good - she generally wakes up once or twice a night. With the exception of when she had a head cold - that was awful. She had such a hard time breathing if she was laying down....so I propped myself up on some pillows in the corner and sat up with her laying on my chest all night - for about a week. So I didn't get much sleep, but she was getting some so that is what was important.
She did not handle her immunizations all that well - screaming most of the night and just not settling down. We will be doing a modified schedule from here on out, spacing the immunizations out more so she only gets one at each appointment - even though this will mean going in once a week or so for a few weeks (we have to drive quite a ways to the dr - - because I LOVE these pediatricians and am willing to drive the distance to go see them).
I am BEYOND blessed with these two girls. I can't believe my heart hasn't exploded yet with love for them.
I am doing pretty good. I am still sad (like really sad) about the hysterectomy - even though I know it was the right decision, I am sad that we will not get to have another baby. I don't know that this feeling of loss will go away completely.
Work is going OK - I still wish I had not accepted the job, but I did so I am giving it my best. I just can't help but feel like I am either neglecting my job or my kids and that sucks.
And now for some pictures:
Have to bring all the babies with us everywhere we go!
Both my angels!
Being silly!
Grandma's on the phone!
Team spirit!
Playing "monkey" in the rain with Daddy - she insisted that they needed to go on a walk - he finally gave in. Best Daddy ever! And she is also showing team spirit with her KC Chiefs dress!
All smiles :)
First snow of the season - she LOVED it!
Wearing Granddad's hat
And...that's it for now, sorry it has been so long...
Have a beautiful Sunday!!
Alexis and Calliana had their 18 month (late!) and 2 month well baby checks a few weeks ago. Lexi was 20 months when she had hers, but well, I was in the hospital when she turned 18 months.
Alexis is now 33 inches tall and weighs in at 27 pounds. I can't believe how big she is getting. If you have a way of slowing things down, please let me know!!! She is a rock start developmentally, exceeding all expectations.
She is talking more and more these days, I am pretty sure she learns at least one new word each day. Her current favorites are "poop" and "booger" - awesome, right? She saw our dog, Cara, poop in the yard and now that is all she says when she sees her. It is one of the first things she says to me every day. That or "ouch" - she got her first 'real' owie several weeks ago, a cut on her toe, and she makes sure to remind us, oh, about 2000 times a day. Then she asks for a "dan-bay" (bandaid). Of course she asks for a bandaid whenever she bumps her head or whatever.
She LOVES the snow - we have had two small snow storms come through in the last few weeks - only accumulating a couple of inches each time, but she had a blast playing in it. She hated to come inside after being out playing in it - but it was COLD!!
She is such fun right now - really wanting to interact and converse with us. I think we are about ready to start potty training - I just have to make it a priority and get to it.
Eating - eh - this is hit or miss. She still prefers to take food from someone other than me. I just don't feel like she eats enough at meal time. Some of her favorites are: yogurt, corn, peas, mac and cheese, pizza, tacos, anything with cheese (she is her mama's girl!)
It seems like we are starting to see some signs of jealousy with her sister. Lexi behaves pretty well until I go to nurse Calliana; then she starts doing anything and everything she can think of that she knows she is not allowed to do. I have tried having "special" toys that she just gets to play with while I am taking care of Calli and the I-pad. The I-pad seems to work the best. Things seem to be worse in the late afternoon/evening than they are earlier in the day.
The other side of that is that she seems to just love her little sister. She is constantly wanting to hold her, kiss her and tries to get her to play not understanding that Calli is just too small yet and can't throw the ball with her.
It is a delicate balance that I am still working on finding.
Calliana did very well at the dr's office as well for her 2 month appt. She is now 3 months old...but better late than never.
She was 22 1/2 inches tall and weighed 10 lbs. 2 oz. Just shy of doubling her weight already - the dr was thrilled because they don't generally expect this until they are 4 months old. Developmentally she is right where she should be - again they were happy with this considering she was one month early - they said that even if she was a month behind developmentally they would have been happy.
She has started smiling at us and it is just the best thing ever. Her whole face lights up. She is going to be my talker I think - she is already "talking" to us every chance she gets. I just don't remember Lexi "talking' like this at this age.
She hates bath time unless it is in the tub with me.
Sleep is pretty good - she generally wakes up once or twice a night. With the exception of when she had a head cold - that was awful. She had such a hard time breathing if she was laying down....so I propped myself up on some pillows in the corner and sat up with her laying on my chest all night - for about a week. So I didn't get much sleep, but she was getting some so that is what was important.
She did not handle her immunizations all that well - screaming most of the night and just not settling down. We will be doing a modified schedule from here on out, spacing the immunizations out more so she only gets one at each appointment - even though this will mean going in once a week or so for a few weeks (we have to drive quite a ways to the dr - - because I LOVE these pediatricians and am willing to drive the distance to go see them).
I am BEYOND blessed with these two girls. I can't believe my heart hasn't exploded yet with love for them.
I am doing pretty good. I am still sad (like really sad) about the hysterectomy - even though I know it was the right decision, I am sad that we will not get to have another baby. I don't know that this feeling of loss will go away completely.
Work is going OK - I still wish I had not accepted the job, but I did so I am giving it my best. I just can't help but feel like I am either neglecting my job or my kids and that sucks.
And now for some pictures:
Have to bring all the babies with us everywhere we go!
Both my angels!
Being silly!
Grandma's on the phone!
Team spirit!
Playing "monkey" in the rain with Daddy - she insisted that they needed to go on a walk - he finally gave in. Best Daddy ever! And she is also showing team spirit with her KC Chiefs dress!
All smiles :)
First snow of the season - she LOVED it!
Wearing Granddad's hat
And...that's it for now, sorry it has been so long...
Have a beautiful Sunday!!















I can't really conceive of how busy you are with a toddler, an infant and a job (let alone a house and a spouse). That you found time to write this post is impressive.
ReplyDeleteGlad you and the girls are well. They are so sweet, your girls.
I'm not surprised that you are feeling grief with regards to your hysterectomy. That was a big loss for you, and it deserves your attention and care. I'm really sorry that you feel so sad, and I hope that working your way through the grief brings you to a less sorrowful place.
Oh, E....your girls are so very precious!!! love the pics!!!
ReplyDeleteGo Chiefs!! 7-0!! The pictures are wonderful, they are just doll babies. :)
ReplyDeleteI struggle to keep up with one toddler, so I am always soo impressed with mums of two keeping up with a newborn AND a toddler... and a job?! Eek. I wish your job was going a bit better. What do you think you'll do? Can you get out of it now? Also, so sorry that you are still struggling with the hysterectomy, but that is completely understandable and expected. It is a big loss and I can't imagine how it must feel. I hope time heals that sadness. Hugs to you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos of you girls!!