How far along: 23 weeks - and here is a really terrible picture of me!
Baby girl is now over 11 inches long and weighs a little over a pound.
Symptoms - not a lot new - I am more emotional than usual and I am tired (I thought this would get better in the 2nd tri??) I go through spurts of being really hungry all the time and others where I am not. Round ligament pain if I stand up too quickly. Low back pain has to be the *worst* symptom I have - my back hurts pretty much all.the.time. I have been going to PT for it, and it has helped some, I think, although it hurts like hell immediately afterwards and for the rest of the day. I can only imagine how much worse it will be by the time baby comes. We went on a day trip last weekend and by the time we were on the way home I was getting shooting pains into my leg...fun stuff. Obviously it is worth it to just be pregnant - but that doesn't mean the pain is enjoyable.
Purchases: We have quite a few things for baby at this point. We have a carseat/stroller set, pack-n.-play, crib, bassinet, and a bunch of clothes. The hardest thing has been trying to decide on a bedding set. I think we have settled on one and while it has pink in it, it isn't overwhelming - it is pink, raspberry and green with flowers and butterflies, I like it because it isn't overly "baby" or "cartoon-like." I had another picked out, but I am just not sure - there is just a lot of white in it (and I am sure that would stay clean...haha). We will see, I seem to change my mind every few days.
Movement: I feel her move more and more, but I am excited about the day that R can feel it too.
Thank you to all who had encouraging things to say about the rude comments made by others about whether or not I can handle having dogs and a baby. I told my husband some of the things people had said and he was not happy about it at all. I love the idea of getting a recording of a baby crying so get them used to it - definitely going to do this as one of them is sensitive to loud noises, so it will be a good way to help her out. It is going to be crazy, yes, but we are up for the challenge and the busy-ness of it all.
Work is back in full swing and I am settling back into the routine...reluctantly! The only good thing is that it is making time go by faster. I am anxious for it to be January so I can meet our little girl!!



Until right now, I didn't realize how close we were in our pregnancies. I shall live vicariously through you! :)
ReplyDeleteI have terrible back pain too- I feel your pain!!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! Yeah I was told that to get a recording of a baby crying for the dog to get use to it. I think its a great idea. Dont worry what people think. Our dog is our baby as im sure yours are to and when we have a bub she will be there as part of the family!
ReplyDeleteLooking good, E! I see pregnancy really agrees with you! Wishing you all the best! :)
ReplyDelete~ Kellie
you are pregnant! you are beautiful!! YOu are brave..I guess i will get a belly picture shot. I am camera shy!:) WOw..the leg pain and back pain sound horrible. I wonder why that is happening? The ligament pain is pretty awful if I get up too quickly too. Lately when I walk it is a wobble. little embarrassing right?! i am glad i am not the only one who feel appreciative to be pregnant,but real about the pain. Not fun...
ReplyDeleteHugs! yay to us being 23 weeks! We have entered our 6th month. Right?!!
Your baby bump is adorable! Congrats on 23 weeks! Enjoy all the baby shopping :)
ReplyDelete