baby pregnancy

Sunday, November 10, 2013

babble

I feel like I should update here more but darned if I know what to say. Each day just seems a bit of a blur between the girls, work, the dogs and now a kitten(!), life is FULL - sometimes too full. In addition, we are in the process of buying a new house - it is further out from the "big city" than we currently are, on two acres, and in a small school district (one elementary, middle and high school serve the whole town) - it will be the place we raise our girls. We always knew moving into the house we are in now that it wasn't a "forever" home, this is just happening faster than we originally planned...well faster than I planned anyway.

Friday marked what would have been my Grandma's 90th birthday. It was a tough day. I think I am still in a bit of denial that she is really gone. Since she passed two days after Calli's birth I don't think I really have taken the time to properly grieve. Maybe part of it is because I didn't get to attend her funeral. I don't know. It is hard. I still find myself thinking that I need to call her...only I can't.

We are having Calli baptized in a couple of weeks. What a fiasco that has been, just trying to get it scheduled. The people we chose as her Godparents live out of state, in a really small town. The church we had Lexi baptized in requires a "pre-baptism class" - which is fine, we took it and don't have to take it again since it has been less than 3 years. The problem is that they want the Godparents to take it as well - but the church they go to doesn't offer it - and the nearest 'big' town to them is over 3 hours away. When I asked our (former) church what we  could do, we were essentially told "too bad, they can't be Godparents then" - I was and AM very put off by this; it seems very un-Christian like to have that attitude about it, we put a lot of thought into who we wanted to fill this role and are not willing to just find someone else. So, the hunt for a new church began - since we will be moving anyway we decided to find one closer to where we will be living. In making a few calls to see if anyone was willing to work around this I was surprised and relieved to find that ALL the places I called were willing to help us. What a relief.

I think Calli may be one of the happiest babies I have ever seen. She is always smiling and cooing at us. The only time she cries is when she wants to be fed...and then boy does she let us know! Once she gets what she wants she will stop nursing after a minute or two to smile at me. Those smiles make my day every single day. I don't remember Lexi "talking" as much at this age - - so maybe we will have a little chatterbox on our hands? Though Lex talks plenty now! Next week is Calli's 4 month check up - I absolutely can't believe that she is going to be 4months old at the end of the week. Where has time gone??


Lexi is learning something new everyday I think. Her vocabulary is crazy now. She doesn't really make a lot of sentences, but she is working on it slowly. She recognizes all the letters of the alphabet and most of their sounds....I can't take credit for her learning that though - it is all "Endless Alphabet" on the ipad - her "treat" for when I am nursing and at bedtime (again while nursing) before stories. She is also learning her colors and loves to tell us what color things are.

I think we have hit the "terrible twos' - she has been a bit of a challenge lately - the tantrums are absolutely no fun. She wants what she wants and that is it. Thankfully, she hasn't been hitting, kicking etc. much lately, just the crying and screaming. I hate that it makes me feel so ineffective. I don't know what to do about it. She intentionally disobeys - doing whatever it is she was doing when she was told "no" - usually just a little faster than she was before being told no. Time out doesn't seem to have much effect on her. She will even go there willingly most of the time and sit down.

The kitten. UGH. The kitten. It is SO cute and it makes my "job" ten times harder, I swear. Lexi absolutely loves and I mean LOVES the kitten. It is one of the things that she talks about almost constantly. She hugs it and kisses it all the time. The problem is that Lexi is almost 22 months old and isn't always very gentle. It is a full time job making sure she doesn't hurt the kitty. Thankfully, the dogs and the kitten all get along just fine - though that took a little time...

At the end of the day though....life is good, hard, but good. I can't imagine it being any other way.







1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love your two gorgeous girls! I can imagine how much harder a kitten makes things but it sure sounds like Lexi loves that little thing!! :) So glad Calli is such a happy baby. That must make things much easier. Oh the terrible twos.. I know the feeling! ;)

    ReplyDelete