Yesterday was my last appointment with the high risk dr. Thank goodness it was a useful appointment, lately they have felt like a waste of time as they have just asked how I was doing and sent me on my way.
I am currently 34 weeks 6 days. They will do the surgery NEXT WEEK!!! (slightly panicking inside) on Tuesday. I have to check into the hospital Monday night. Thankfully they will let Lexi stay with me every night I am there (unless I am in the ICU, which sounds probable for at least one night). This is a HUGE relief as it has been a big stressor for me lately.
I was a little surprised that they will do it so soon, I was expecting sometime the week of the 22nd just based on the what had been said. They had previously been saying that they wanted to do it between 36-37 weeks. But, they have a special team of doctors that handle these cases at this hospital - that way they all know each other well, work well together, etc. With so many schedules to coordinate, the 16th it is. This cuts about a week off the time I thought I had to finish preparing. Yikes!
If I am being completely honest....I am terrified. Of it all. I know that "it will all be OK" but it is still frightening to know that this isn't a routine thing and that things could go wrong....you just never know until they get in there.
I am worried about being in the ICU - this will mean I don't get to see baby girl until the next day, assuming I am only in there one night. Though...I think they said that if she is stable they may be able to bring her down to see me depending on how I am doing. She will go right from the OR to the NICU for further evaluation (she will be born at 35 weeks 5 days).
I am worried how Lexi is going to handle all of this. She has never been away from me for more than just a few hours, and never overnight (though hopefully this won't happen). The other day a friend came over with her baby and Lexi did NOT like it when I held her. She started whining and signing "all done" over and over. It is going to be a tough adjustment for her, I am afraid. And...that makes me sad - really sad.
So, in light of the fact I have a lot to do....I am going to end this here. I don't know when I will have a chance to update here again....probably next week sometime (I hope). I will update fac.eboo.k before I have a chance to update here, so if we aren't already friends on FB and you would like to be, just send me an email and we can add eachother :)
(dreamingofpinkandblue@gmail.com)
Until next time...
I am currently 34 weeks 6 days. They will do the surgery NEXT WEEK!!! (slightly panicking inside) on Tuesday. I have to check into the hospital Monday night. Thankfully they will let Lexi stay with me every night I am there (unless I am in the ICU, which sounds probable for at least one night). This is a HUGE relief as it has been a big stressor for me lately.
I was a little surprised that they will do it so soon, I was expecting sometime the week of the 22nd just based on the what had been said. They had previously been saying that they wanted to do it between 36-37 weeks. But, they have a special team of doctors that handle these cases at this hospital - that way they all know each other well, work well together, etc. With so many schedules to coordinate, the 16th it is. This cuts about a week off the time I thought I had to finish preparing. Yikes!
If I am being completely honest....I am terrified. Of it all. I know that "it will all be OK" but it is still frightening to know that this isn't a routine thing and that things could go wrong....you just never know until they get in there.
I am worried about being in the ICU - this will mean I don't get to see baby girl until the next day, assuming I am only in there one night. Though...I think they said that if she is stable they may be able to bring her down to see me depending on how I am doing. She will go right from the OR to the NICU for further evaluation (she will be born at 35 weeks 5 days).
I am worried how Lexi is going to handle all of this. She has never been away from me for more than just a few hours, and never overnight (though hopefully this won't happen). The other day a friend came over with her baby and Lexi did NOT like it when I held her. She started whining and signing "all done" over and over. It is going to be a tough adjustment for her, I am afraid. And...that makes me sad - really sad.
So, in light of the fact I have a lot to do....I am going to end this here. I don't know when I will have a chance to update here again....probably next week sometime (I hope). I will update fac.eboo.k before I have a chance to update here, so if we aren't already friends on FB and you would like to be, just send me an email and we can add eachother :)
(dreamingofpinkandblue@gmail.com)
Until next time...


Praying for the best and wishing you all the wonderful joys that come with new life!
ReplyDeleteEek!! So exciting!! Best wishes for a safe and smooth delivery and surgery. I can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteWishing you all the best and praying for a safe and uneventful birth and surgery. I'm looking forward to hearing how everything goes! You've faced so much already... You can do this!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks :) I'll make sure to text you when I can!
DeleteAhhh!!! So exciting!!! I will be thinking of you and hoping everything goes well. That is the day after my birthday so an excellent date :) Can't wait to 'meet' baby girl in photos and blog posts soon. Very very best to you. Hugs!!
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
DeleteI am worried too, but above that I deeply trust in your strength and resilience. You have been through so much already and you will get through this: I wholeheartedly believe that you will be ok. Focus on the moment when you get to hold baby girl for the first time.
ReplyDeleteI want to connect on fb. I'll try to find you so don't be surprised if you get a friend request from your northern pal.
Thanks!!! :)
DeleteWow, praying for you and your little ones. Will they do any tests to ensure baby girl's lungs are developed fully? I rememb my friend who had placenta previa had this test done to make sure baby was fully developed before they did the c section at 36 weeks.
ReplyDeleteI can totally understand your worry about spending the night away from Lexi. I have never spent more than 2 hrs away from Ava, and she sleeps right next to me, so its going to be an adjustment for me and her. Good luck with everything. Praying hard.
It was discussed - but rejected because of the location of the placenta, they can't risk it starting to rupture AND since there is no other option for delivering at a later date, it would not matter anyway, they can't risk me going into labor or starting to have contractions. Thanks for the prayers!!!
Delete