baby pregnancy

Sunday, February 20, 2011

post-surgical rambling

First I want to thank everyone for the well wishes for the surgery. Surgery went well and I am recovering and for the most part doing better than I expected. This was my 6th (!) shoulder surgery so maybe that helped since I had a pretty good idea what I was getting in to. Overall, I don't feel too bad....until the evening when I basically lose any sense of humor I have about this and I get tired of it all - tired of being uncomfortable and tired of hurting. Nights are the worst - laying down hurts, sitting up (which is all I have been doing) hurts, basically there is nothing that is comfortable. The good news is that my period was kind enough (haha) to wait until CD40 to make its appearance - about a week after I had surgery so I didn't have to deal with that in the first few days of recovery. So, I have started birth control pills in advance of April's IVF - RE wanted me to start this cycle since my body refuses to cooperate anymore on a regular basis anyway! I hate having to take BCPs - it feels counterintuitive. I am anxious for next month and for the 'real' meds to start - and even more anxious for April!
R has been a saint - poor guy. My mom was here the first week after surgery - and can I just say that there is nothing better than having your mom near by when you aren't feeling well?? When she left on Thursday R has made a point of switching his work schedule around to be here in the evenings (again - he is a saint, this is the hardest (read crabbiest) time of day for me). He makes sure that something is set out for me for lunch and that I have all I could possibly need before he leaves in the morning.
I am in the process of trying to catch up with what has been going on with everyone on here - so if I have missed wishing you luck or sympathizing/empathizing with you I apologize - but I am thinking of you all even though I have been a bit MIA.
Thank you again for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment