Wow! I cannot believe that I will hit 38 weeks tomorrow. While I know it should have happened before now, it is REALLY sinking in that this is going to happen----and SOON! There are quite a few things that I NEED to get done, and for whatever reason they have been put off time and time again. Now I am feeling the pressure to get it done. So, I am sitting here blogging - way to get things done, huh? The past couple of nights I have had lots of contractions - both nights they were fairly consistent (every 5-7 minutes) for a little over an hour before letting up and becoming much more intermittent. I have them off and on throughout the day, but nothing consistent.
My to do list includes:
packing bag for hospital - this is started, just nowhere near finished
get car seat installed in the car
finish painting and assemble the changing table
finish arranging things in the nursery - some of it is still in the living room and needs to be taken up and put away
Finish plans and prep-work for substitute
make and freeze some meals
That is the short list - I am sure there is more to do than this - but that is all I can think of at this moment.
I am getting more and more anxious about the birth and just am praying that it goes smoothly!
Other happenings include:
The home inspection went well and there is nothing major to be fixed at the house we are buying
R got a call from a company that would allow him to transfer to Colorado with - he flies out on Sunday night to Florida for the face-to-face interview, he spent quite awhile on the phone with them yesterday and it sounds VERY promising - this is for a position he has dreamed about for a long time - so prayers please that all goes well on Monday! Also hoping that I don't go into labor while he is gone -- more than a little worried about this, we have no family here and I sure don't want to go to the hospital alone!! The timing of the interview isn't ideal - but the end result will open many doors and provide a great deal of financial security for a long time to come.
Work starts back up on Tuesday - boo! I sure wish I didn't have to go back before baby's arrival.
I guess that is it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe New Years!


Uhhh, if you go into labor you better call me! It would take me a bit, but I would certainly get there... Nobody wants to do that alone! I still can't believe you are this close- I can't wait to meet her!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't commented in a while, but I'm always reading :)
ReplyDeleteYesterday would have been 39 weeks for me and when I read about how you're doing it makes me happy that we were so close in our pregnancies. That might sound weird, but what can I say? I'm kinda weird.
Wishing you all the best and I can't wait for pictures of your little bundle!
Happy New Years...and can you believe that your precious MIRACLE is almost set to arrive (technically any day now!!!)...can't wait to hear the news :)
ReplyDelete