So, in bullet points:
- Privacy - I've been thinking about this a lot since a recent post by PAIL. I have not been shy about posting pictures or writing about Alexis. But....in order to maintain some modicum of privacy I have decided to hide those posts. I will still post pictures, but will later hide them. It helps my peace of mind. There are some creeps out there.
- Weaning - I wrote about this the other day - it is a process for sure. I thought that I would be fine with it. In fact, when I read some posts by other bloggers about being sad about it, I didn't think I would be; I was READY. Yeah. Right. I am sad about it. Like really sad about it. I am going to really miss that connection with Lex.
- Haircut - I got a new haircut yesterday. I was ready for something different. I had long, naturally curly hair that I straightened because it is just easier to deal with that way. I wanted something shorter, easier to deal with in the mornings with a busy 1 y/o running around. Well, shorter is what I got and I don't like it :( I wanted shoulder length (taking about 6-8 inches off) I got about chin length.... I ended up with two haircuts yesterday. I haven't found someone here yet that I really like so I tried someone new. I KNEW right away that I should just wait and find someone else, but against my instinct, I went ahead with it. Basically, it boils down to the lady is on the older side (not that there is anything wrong with this at all!) but, well, she should stick to cutting the hair of older clients. So, I went back and had someone 'fix' it because it was AWFUL. So, in order to fix it, a few more inches had to come off. Thank goodness for pregnancy hormones and vitamins, it should grow fairly quickly.
- Sleep - this really should be its own post (coming soon-ish). Lexi has been on a sleep strike of sorts. Her naps are inadequate to allow her to really be rested. Nights have been....well, a nightmare (no pun intended). The night before last she was awake from 1am - 5am (when I usually get up). Yesterday was a L-O-N-G day to say the least. Last night was a little better but she just isn't resting peacefully - she is tossing and turning and whining A LOT in her sleep. I think she may be getting a molar in, but it is hard to tell for sure and she really doesn't want me to check.
- Pregnancy - I am 14 weeks now. NT scan went well and so far all seems to be good. We opted to have the Mat.erni.T21 test done since I am old. Still waiting on those results. I feel pretty good - just tired but I don't know how much of that is from lack of sleep lately and how much is from pregnancy. It is all I can do to stay awake long enough to get Lexi down. At my 12 week scan they did discover that I have partial pla.centa prev.ia. They will check it again at my next appointment. Somewhat stressed about this, but hoping that it resolves itself.
- Work - I am ready for this school year to be over. I have to make a decision and SOON about working next year. Baby2 is due in August - terrible timing for a teacher. We are, fortunately, in a position where I do not have to work next year. So, I need to decide if I want to work and if so, do I want to try and go to part time or stay full time (if this is even an option). I have mixed feelings about this - one day I will tell you I am done and the next I will tell you I want to keep working. I always thought that given the option I would not work in a heartbeat....yeah. I know that I am going to have a lot to handle, and to be honest, working now is a challenge, next year it will be even more so. sigh.


You've been in my thoughts, E. I'm sorry about the weaning...though I'm not there yet, I can imagine the bond and connection that forms with breastfeeding is hard to let go of. I was gonna say, I bet your hair will grow back nice and fast with being pregnant. :) glad to hear the scan went well!! Sending love, thoughts and prayers always. Xoxox
ReplyDeleteMaria
As you know, I'm feeling the same way about privacy issues AND weaning!! ;) Privacy - I had said I was going to watermark all my photos but that is tougher than I thought without paying for a program so I am going to do the same as you and make them private after a couple weeks. Weaning - I feel you. It is tough and sad and hard... for mama!! I am sure our girls will do just fine though and we will find many other amazing ways to connect.
ReplyDeleteI had partial previa and ended up okay and had a natural birth. Hope it is the same for you! Tough choice ahead about school. Just do what is best for you and your family :) Great to hear an update from you!
I think that's a good idea to make your posts private after a while. I'm only using a watermark now, but we'll see if things change in the future.
ReplyDeleteAww, I’m sorry your much anticipated haircut didn’t go how you had planned. I hate when that happens.
I hope the sleep issues get worked out soon. That is never fun to deal with.
Glad to hear everything is going well with the pregnancy.
I am in the same situation as you, trying to figure out if I’m going back to work or not. JJ just threw a wrench in the plans last night, I’ll probably write about it this week.