baby pregnancy

Saturday, February 23, 2013

sick and 13 months

What a week this has been.
Since my migraine a few weeks ago I have had mild cold symptoms - stuffy head, runny nose, etc. Nothing too bad, just enough to make you feel blah.

Last weekend R got sick (and we all know how it is when men are sick). He has been sick all week with a bad head/chest cold. Which he was kind enough to share with Lexi.

My poor baby is coughing and sneezing and you can hear her breathing. We have done all the 'usual' treatments of humidifier, hanging out in the steamy bathroom, tyleno.l for her low fever and the doc gave us some samples of 'all natural' cough syrup (which she hates despite the assurance that it is "yummy"). She is very snuggly - and while I love the extra snuggles, I don't love the reason for them.

And now I am getting worse symptoms as well :( I think it is going to be a long weekend in bed.

On a lighter note - Lexi turned 13 months on Thursday! I cannot believe I am the mommy of a 13 month old. She keeps us on our toes as she is running all over the place and climbing on everything in sight. Pretty sure she is going to give me a heart attack one of these days...kid is FAST! At the dr yesterday she weighed in at 24 lbs.

She hasn't really added many new words - she still prefers "that" and "dada" to refer to anything and everything. She has started saying "brrrr" when you ask her if it is cold out. So cute. Now she will look outside and say brrr...even when it isn't cold. Makes me smile every single time. I don't think I could possibly love this girl any more than I already do....and then she does something that makes my heart swell. She will give hugs and kisses now on request and loves to hug her toys. Last night, she pulled my shirt up over my tummy and we "talked" about the baby in there and I asked her if she wanted to kiss the baby and she did. My heart nearly burst.

Weaning is .... going. She still indicates that she wants to nurse quite often and I am trying to limit it to only certain times. She usually wants to when she is upset or tired. Of course, with her being sick she is wanting to more often, which I am allowing because her interest in 'real' food right now is pretty low. When she was feeling good she was eating like a champ - I can't believe how much food she can eat!

That is it for now - hope you all have a nice weekend!

 Here is a quick picture of Lex after she got into my mom's 'scrap bag' for sewing...

4 comments:

  1. Ugg,so sorry about the sickness going around your house. Hoping that clears up completely soon!

    Aww, Lexi saying Brrr when looking outside sounds just adorable!!

    Don't you just love the hugs and kisses on demand? Such sweeties.

    I am sure weaning must be much tougher with a sick baby. I am sure things will start to go a lot smoother when she is feeling better and doesn't need it as much and is back to being more interested in other foods.

    Love this photo of her!! :) What a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it starts going smoother - she really is an unwilling participant in weaning. She knows what she wants and "asks" for it by pulling my shirt down and saying her version of "want that"! Which is fine when we are home, alone - out in public or when the cable guy was here a couple weeks ago...not so fine! haha!
    The hugs and kisses are the best - she makes my heart hurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so sorry you and r have been so sick. you've been in my thoughts and prayers! i hope that it passes and you both are feeling good as new soon. omygosh, alexis is adorable...she found a great prop for an adorable photo. :) sending lots of love and prayers your way xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are all feeling better by now. Bad enough to be ill when you're pregnant, but to watch your little one struggle is awful.
    Glad to read that she is getting ready for the baby. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete