Since the decision was made for me to stop working I have to admit that I am enjoying it. I was really worried how I would feel, but the amount of stress that has been alleviated makes it all worth it. I know that I am being a better mom to Lexi, and it has only been a week.
But....I have to say that it is hard. The thing I am currently struggling with the most is finding fun stuff to do with Lexi. I really want her to be around other kids her age - learn how to play and interact and socialize appropriately...all of those important things.
So far, we have gone to the local library for story time, which was great - they sang songs, read books, and had play time. It was only a half hour block, but she just LOVED it. And it is free - always a bonus! However, they are not doing it in the month of May :(
We are signed up to go to gym.boree for 'play & learn' tomorrow - they offer a free class so you can see if you like it or not. (though we may have to reschedule as it seems like Lexi is getting a cold and isn't feeling well, we will see).
I know there are a couple of places to go to kind.ermusik - but none are all that close - I don't mind driving a little ways, but had hoped to find something closer, if possible.
Do any of you have suggestions for resources I can use to find stuff for us to do?


Sounds as if you have some great ideas already! Good for you for at least trying to get out and do things. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions since we don't have those sort of programs here. What about a swim class now that summer is getting near? I have been looking up fun activities to do at home as well so I will let you know if I find any especially great ones! :)
ReplyDeleteAhh keeping a toddler busy. I wish I had some good ideas - but I don't. We also do the library thing, which she loves. Now that its warmer, we go out in the evenings to the park. I hope other commenters have some suggestions.
ReplyDeleteIs there a Children's play museum nearby? I worked at one here in college and loved it! There is a room just for little ones and workshops too. good luck!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are enjoying being off of work! I've been thinking about you so much! Do you have any parks/playgrounds nearby? My friend takes her children all the time and they always meet other moms and children and have fun together. I hope you and Alexis have a great weekend/week! And I hope she's feeling better! Lots of love xoxox
ReplyDeleteDo you have a local early childhood program? Our school district offers early childhood family education classes, some once a week and others just a one-time deal. Great way to meet people. I also suggest going to the library or playground at the same time every week. Often other people have the same schedule as you and you can make friends, or people notice you are there and come at the same time to play. Does your area have a mothers' group or anything? We have MOPS - mothers of preschoolers. I haven't been but I hear people like it.
ReplyDelete