baby pregnancy

Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Weeks

Hooray! This, for whatever reason, is a day I was anxiously awaiting. Maybe because after today the countdown to baby will be in the single digits (even if it is 9 weeks and 6 days - it still counts!)
According to "What to Expect..." baby girl is about 17 inches long and weighs in just over 3 pounds. Her brain is growing daily and she is starting to be able to do things like regulate her body temperature which means she will be 'shedding' the lanugo.
I am feeling pretty good overall. Symptoms include: increased fatigue - this would probably be better if I could sleep. I seem to wake up nearly every night (morning?) at about 2:45am and then can't fall back to sleep until after 5:30. I have been getting leg cramps in the mornings when I first wake up, but the other day it was so bad I was almost in tears...and it still hurts! It feels like I did way too many calf raises and now the muscle is tight and tired. Heartburn is a constant companion - I even get it after drinking water. I am starting to feel like I am as big as a house (and have pictures to prove it!) but I know this is a 'good' thing, and I also know I will keep growing. Too bad my body image is down the tubes right now. In the evenings my lower legs and feet have been quite swollen - they look like balloons ready to pop. I think if I poked them with something sharp they would start leaking....ok maybe not, but you get the point.
We started our child birth prep classes last weekend. The first one went well and was pretty informative, it seems like it will be a good class. I could have done without some of the first meeting B.S. - or at least I think they could have shortened it up and then the class wouldn't have gone so late, but whatever. From the sounds of it the next few classes will really get into the material we are wanting to learn about so I am looking forward to that. Not that the first class wasn't informative, it was.
I am trying to find a glider/rocker for the nursery. It is so much more difficult than I expected. I want one with a high enough back that I can lean my head back to rest while baby is nursing. I found one I like but was told that to get it in a different color would take 10-12 weeks. This seems excessive to me since I just want a different color of fabric. It comes in several, but if I want it sooner than the 10-12 weeks I have to get it in a cream color...which is fine if I want something that is going to have to be cleaned constantly - it is very pale - and according to the girl at the store the one they had on display had only been there for about a month and it is filthy...now granted who knows how many people have been sitting in it and ours won't get that much...abuse I guess is the word I would use. So, I am conflicted. These things aren't cheap, so I hate to 'settle' for something. I guess today I will be off doing some shopping around to see if I can find one elsewhere.
We have also been looking at monitors - there are SO many to choose from and I just don't know which to choose. Does anyone have any insight??
So, here is my less than flattering picture for the week (I did a really bad job of choosing a color for the sign for this week, oh well!):
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. You are looking awesome! Let me know what glider you decide on.......I've been trying to decide on one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great!! I haven't been able to comment much lately but I've been reading. It's so amazing to think you are 30 weeks already! For me it feels like you just found out you were pregnant like a month ago! LOL

    grrrr....it's cherbear but blogger is being such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome!!! Happy 30 weeks...you're on the home stretch :) And happy glider finding...(mine is light yellow but I've been told that it will clean up easily).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations!!! You look so great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!

    We bought a leather rocker recliner. It was more comfortable than any glider I saw, totally versatile, and easily cleaned. It was also a lot cheaper (on sale) than nursery gliders. It also works great in the living room now that we don't have a nursery.

    We bought Fisher Price monitors. They are inexpensive, have a great range, several channels to choose from to prevent interference, and boy can they take a licking! We still use ours in our daughter's room 3 years later, and the receivers have been dropped, banged, tossed, left in the rain...you name it. They are only for sound, but they are very sensitive...you can hear your baby fart over it if you have it turned up loud enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30 weeks!!! Your baby will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that you FEEL as big as a house, but you LOOK awesome. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely E! Happy 30 weeks chica!!

    ReplyDelete