The past week has been eventful to say the least. Monday R had surgery - the surgery went well, they were able to get the stone that was causing a blockage, the doc said there was no way he would have passed it on his own. The plan had been to go into the left kidney and get the others that were hanging out in there, so they tried, but couldn't get them because they hadn't detached from the wall of the kidney yet. Awesome - now there is something to look forward to! So, he still has 8 stones left between the two kidneys. Follow up with surgeon on Tuesday to remove stint and see what the plan of action is. R has been home, which has been a great treat, except for the fact that he feels horrible and has been in considerable pain most of the time.
Tuesday was my OB appointment. Everything seems to be going OK. I have been having pretty intense pain on the lower right side that sometimes turns into a contraction. Doc is a little concerned about this and I have to notify him if it happens more than once an hour. Fun. I have an irregular heartbeat which has become more irregular the further along in this pregnancy I get. There is some concern that this may effect the baby since there are times the irregular beats come so fast that I have a hard time catching my breath, so another thing we are 'keeping an eye' on. Yesterday we had a little scare. Thursday night I was having quite a few of those pains in my lower right side, though not many turned into contractions. When we went to bed I noticed that baby wasn't nearly as active as she normally is at bedtime, so I was a little concerned but not overly since her movements come and go. However, in the mornings she is always doing gymnastics in there, so when over two hours had gone by and I had only felt a couple small movements I was worried and called the dr. He had us go to L&D for monitoring. Thankfully, she is OK and I was released to go home. I hope to not make that trip again for about 8 weeks or so!!
I am very seriously considering returning the bedding set we bought. There was another one that I really liked but it was more expensive so I talked myself out of it. Problem is, while I really do like the one we purchased, I don't like that it has so much pink in it and none of the color I would prefer it to have. R says just to do it because he knows I am not overly excited about what we have and haven't been able to pick out anything else to go in the room because of it - but I can find plenty I would like to get if only I had gone ahead and bought the other one. I don't know, we will see, but I need to hurry up and get it figured out since we are running out of time!!!
Hope everyone out there is doing well and has a wonderful weekend!
Happy Thanksgiving week!!


Oh my gosh, I'm glad everything is ok with you and baby!! Take care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteGoodness... so much is going on! I hope everything calms down and everyone is feeling better soon!!! I'd say go for the bedding you want!!! Completely worth it to be happy with it!!!
ReplyDeleteI had the same scare (that baby wasn't moving as much) around 32 weeks...it ended up being just a change of movement...instead of the constant kicks...I feel full body movements. Praying too that you don't pay L & D another visit until you reach fullterm!!! You're almost there.
ReplyDeleteI would love for us to live closer too:) Sounds like you have had a hard week. You and your husband. How is he feeling now? The irregular heartbeat situation sounds scary...but the baby is healthy according to doctors.so that is good:) The bedding is hard to pick out...and everything is expensive...well..what I like at least. Amazon.com have great prices though..I still need to pick my bedding out..but no bumpers!!!
ReplyDeleteWow- you have a lot going on. Hopefully things quiet down. Baby scares are no fun- but you are getting so close!
ReplyDeleteI would get the bedding you really want- it's worth it!
Have a great Thanksgiving.