baby pregnancy

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

3 mature follies!

Had my mid-cycle scan yesterday - there were 3 - 4 mature follicles, which is great, but the dr. said they were larger than he would normally like to see them. Trigger last night - still took me a while to actually push the needle through my skin, but as was the first one, it wasn't that bad. Uterine lining was thin though, so not overly hopeful about this cycle. IUI tomorrow.
Next cycle (I hate that I assume there will be a next one) we will use a different medication which will hopefully not have the thinning effect of Clomid and we will do the mid-cycle scan on day 10 instead of 13 in the hopes of catching the little guys before they get so big. Fun fun.
Have been looking at other states for clinics to do DE IVF - it is so expensive! But, I have found a few places where the price is more 'reasonable' - but I am not sure about going out of state for the procedure. Thoughts? (We could potentially save about $10,000!)
Christmas is almost here and I am so glad all my shopping is done! Hope yours is too!

2 comments:

  1. That is great news! I hope that you don't have to consider going out of state, but $10k is a lot of money to save. I think I would try to find some reviews of women who have used the same clinic- maybe that would make it easier?! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with iui tomorrow. thats good number of mature follicles! yah

    ReplyDelete