I have been out of touch here the past week since my parents were in town, I tried to check in on blogs from time to time, but really, there just wasn't time to do so. So, today I will be trying to get caught up a little.
Dr. appt on the 10th went well - blood work done for quad-screen, hopefully all that comes back "normal." Heart rate is good and holding at about 137 with occasional jumps to 143 - baby was very active and it was like hide and seek trying to listen - very strange to think about he/she moving around that much! Gender scan is scheduled for the 29th - so not too much longer until we find out what we are having! I can't wait! For awhile I thought I wanted to wait and have something about this whole thing be a surprise, but since we have been looking at nursery stuff I just really want to be able to decorate and buy some baby clothes that aren't yellow or green! Not that I want all pink or all blue, but some gender specific "stuff" would be nice. The 29th seems a long ways off....
Had a great visit with mom and dad, hated to see them go this morning! It is SO quiet here, even the dogs are just lounging around sleeping. Found a few really good deals on some baby stuff while they were here - my living room is currently crowded with baby stuff - need to get it moved upstairs! Also ordered our crib. It is strange to be actually making these purchases - but exciting at the same time, makes this all seem that much more "real."
Tomorrow I am 18 weeks. I can't believe I am almost 1/2 way there - just wow. Sleep (even with the wonderful pregnancy pillow) is not the greatest - I just feel like I am not getting enough of it. If/when I take naps during the day then I have a really hard time going to sleep that night, so I have been trying to not nap...I don't know which is worse at this point. Crazy dreams seem to be a big culprit of keeping me awake. Feeling pretty good otherwise - just get tired/worn out easily - learning to pace myself - although this past week was busier than normal with company here so I am sure this next week will be back to normal boringness. Definitely looking pregnant now, which is nice. I guess that is about all to report on the pregnancy front.
I am off to get breakfast - I'm hungry!!! (what's new?? haha)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!


I'm glad to hear everything is going well with the babe! I can't wait to hear the big news on the 29th!! For the record, I'm thinking BOY!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you had a nice visit with your family. Reaching that halfway mark felt so good to me, and I'm actually starting to think about letting some of the baby stuff into the house from where it has been quarantined in the garage! I can just picture your living room full of nursery goodies :) Loe and hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi E! So exciting to hear about your purchases. Do you have any theme for your nursery? I can't wait to hear what you are going to have!! =0)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear all is well.... buying baby stuff makes the awesome reality that you are going to be a mom so real! Congrats on being halfway to term. I would love to see pics of your belly bump.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait til the 29th! So glad to read that you are doing well. :)
ReplyDelete