baby pregnancy

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cd 1 and decisions.

Cd1 was yesterday - the shortest cycle I have had in ages, only 30 days! and so far, it has lasted longer than a day (as it has been in the past 6 months).
Saw RE3 yesterday - can I just say that ultrasound while on my period = gross. But, he said the words "several" and "many" when referring to the amount of resting follicles. This gives me some hope.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and advice regarding the IUI cycle with injectables. We decided to go ahead and give it a try. So, yesterday blood was drawn and they "taught" me (even though I have given myself injections before) how to give myself the shot. YAY me I didn't hesitate to do it while there. Then, a couple hours after being home the Dr. called with the news that my estrogen level was high and not to continue the injections over the weekend. I am to go in on Monday for another blood draw to see if the level has come down enough to start over.

Now, I am back to wondering if this was the right choice. Is this a sign that we should have just taken a break? I am also freaking out about the money aspect of things right now. Damn you insurance company for not covering ANYTHING related to fertility. Maybe I should write my congressman...not that it would do any good, but I might feel better to let someone who could actually make a difference know that this is a bunch of crap. So, I am back to not knowing what to do. I hate feeling like this and I hate that I am (and you are) in this position in the first place.

I am also really irritated that R has been having to put in so much overtime - overtime that doesn't get overtime pay (he works off commission). The company let his partner go (he wasn't doing his job) and now R has to train someone new, which means much more work for him. I hate that I am home alone for 50-60 hours a week and that he has to work weekends. I am lonely and don't like feeling that way. I also don't like arguing with R but his schedule of late has led to many arguments. Neither one of us are happy with the situation and the stress of that plus the infertility and the financial aspect of infertility is taking its toll. If only I could win the lottery (of course I would have to play, but minor detail) or find a money tree to camp under for a LONG time!

I am tired of crying about all of this and I am tired of it being such a big focus in our lives. Basically, I am just tired - emotionally and physically.

I am grateful to you all for all your kind words and support - I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this as a supportive outlet.

~E

4 comments:

  1. Well, first things first... those early baseline ultrasounds totally gross me out too, YUCK! Second hooray for "many" resting follies! Hopefully next week's blood work will show that you are ready to start the injections!
    I'm sorry that you are having to deal with so much other grabage on top of already stressful infertility. None of this is easy or fair, but I keep telling myself that someday the fight will be worth it. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so tiring. I feel that way too. Reg your Estrogen level's, mine were also really high during my iui cycles, I only used clomid and the ovidrel trigger shot. Will you move onto IVF if this fails?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baseline US are gross, as are periods after suppository progesterone. Ewwww!!!

    I think that it is great that you are giving this month a shot. Even if it get canceled (which would suck big time) I hope that it will give you some peace of mind moving forward.)

    I don't understand enough about the estrogen, but know that I had to take supplemental estrogen during my last IUI cycle - to thicken my lining.

    We decided to take a break this month. The disappointment is just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. I know the road is looong and tough but I am still hoping in the end, our houses will be full of laughter and smiles of our little ones :)

    ReplyDelete