Ugh. I hate that these decisions have to be made! We saw yet another RE yesterday - nothing new per se - but he thinks that we have slightly better odds at IUI using injectibles than the other RE did. So, the dilemma is do we give it a try or not? Either way we are slated for DE IVF in April. (If I am not pregnant I am having shoulder surgery in February.)
Here's where I am at with it:
On one hand I feel like I just need a break. All of this is wearing on me. I am tired of getting my hopes up just to have them flushed down the toilet.
On the other hand - this would be our last ditch effort for using my eggs - the last chance for it truly being a part of me.
I don't want to later regret not trying "everything" we could. I don't want to later wonder "what if...?"
So, I am asking you all - what do you think? Is it worth it?


Hiya, I hate taking decisions too, especially when one is so unsure of the outcomes.
ReplyDeleteYou do deserve a break, IF treatments are emotionally and physically taxing. However, if the RE feels that it might be worth trying injectables, then I say go for it. I know its going to be hard, so it really depends on how ready you feel for a cycle of medications. But don't leave this behind only to feel "maybe" or "if only" in the future.
Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out in the best way for you. Good luck!!!
I also hate decisions! After 4 IUI's (2 with clomid and 2 with letrozole,) I decided to take nearly a year long break from treatment. My RE at the time offered injectables with IUI but I just kep thinking....if I didn't conceive with clomid/letrozole and IUI....I don't believe injectables and IUI will work. I decided that I was going to go with injectables that it would be with IVF only. Personally, I though IUI was a waste of time and $....but I know some girls conceive that way (mostly ones with MF) so that is only my opinion. If I were you, I'd save your $, take a break, try naturally and then start IVF when you guys are ready. Again, just my opinion! That's what I would do if I were in your shoes.
ReplyDeleteTough choice! I am totally with you on the 'what if?' I know for me, I would have a hard time not wondering if it could have happened. I know it seems like such a long shot, but I guess you have to think about how important it is for you to exhaust your options with your own eggs. I'm not in the same situation as you, but I think if I were I would choose to go ahead with the injectable IUI cycle.
ReplyDeleteI know you will make the best choice for your family- listen to your gut.
even though its hard i say give it a shot. you will be strong enough. Probably alot stronger than you realise. thats what I have found, I have surprised myself alot how I keep going, but some how do
ReplyDeleteI love reading the comments that others have left, These women are so wise, and considerate.
ReplyDeleteFor us, We had to exhaust every possible option before it felt okay to move on with a donor. I think that, for me, knowing that there is no chance of a genetic child is the only thing that gives me the comfort to use a donor. For us we finally got a black and white diagnosis that made it easier to move on. In your case it doesn't sound like there will ever be a b&W answer, so it really is a tough call.
If I were you, I assume that I would want to give it one last shot before moving on to the DE cycle, but that might be only because I am crazy nuts... I think that Waiting and wishing said it perfect when she said to listen to your gut.
much love - foxy
You have to follow your gut. A huge part of the journey is mental, will you look back and wonder, what if? If so, do it. It is relatively cheap and although the statistics aren't as good as IVF, it works for some. I hate IF decisions!! Just make a decision and go with it :) good luck!
ReplyDeleteHI!! so sorry that ur in this position...since u asked, i would probably exhaust every possible option and go ahead and try IUI with injectibles....i would just hate to sit and wonder "what if" if i didnt give it a shot..but thats just me....i also agree wholeheartedly with the ladies above, you have to follow your gut and do what you feel most comfortable doing.
ReplyDelete