baby pregnancy

Friday, January 21, 2011

Relief and some concern...

Funny how those things seem to come together! The good news is that I received the money from an old retirement account that was set up in a school district I used to work in. That makes us only about $3,000 away from having the full amount for our April IVF! YAY! It is a huge relief to know that we are so close now!
My concern comes from the baseline ultrasound my sister/donor had over the weekend - the dr. said her ovaries are 'higher than normal' and so he wasn't able to get an accurate count. He put her on Clomid to see if the growth of follicles would weigh them down. I am worried that this is going to be a problem later on....I don't know - has anyone heard of this issue (is it an issue???) The good news was that on her mid-cycle scan last month, they saw 2 mature follicles (this is without any meds), so they know that she definitely produces them on her own. I would like to buy her plane tickets - but I am afraid to - what if this makes her not a good candidate?? ugh!

Cherbear had asked about the 17 day diet. It is a diet created by Dr. Mike Moreno - he has been featured on "The Doctors" and "Dr. Phil" recently - all whom recommend the diet. It has 3 phases - each 17 days. Designed to help you safely lose weight rather quickly. I am not sure I will be able to follow it to the letter. The first 17 days requires basically cutting out carbs (you add them back in in the second phase). The problem with this is that I LOVE pasta, bread, and tortillas. In fact, I can think of very few meals that I regularly make that don't include one of these ingredients. I can handle the lean meats and lots of veggies and fruit. He also recommends drinking green tea - yuck. Most of it is common sense, nothing we haven't all heard before. The only place to get the book is on the website 17daydiet dot com. I am going to try my best to follow it as closely as possible - probably starting Sunday or Monday (have my dinner list for the week that I need to finish since I have the ingredients for them - of course they have carbs! lasagna and taco stuffed pasta shells - bad I know!) So, we will see how it goes - maybe if I follow it fairly closely it will still bring the positive results I am hoping for!

So glad that this is finals week at work - next week will be more relaxed - just finishing up grades and report cards. It will allow me to get a lot done - particularly since I am having surgery on my shoulder on the 10th - coming right up!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for bing almost ready for IVF on the money end of things!! The financial strain of infertility is SO STRESSFUL!
    I'm not sure what to tell you about your sister's ovaries. It doesn't seem like it would be a huge issue, unless it makes the ER more tricky. Was her doctor not able to give me any info??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with the issue but I'm sure they will figure it out! I'll be watching your journey and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete