baby pregnancy

Saturday, October 15, 2011

2/3 of the way there

I am so relieved to be entering the 3rd trimester. I am anxious to meet our little girl and we are one more step closer.

Baby is about the size of a butternut squash and weighs about 2-21/2 pounds.
I am feeling pretty good - overwhelmed by work as per my last post. I am tired still, but nothing new there. My 'vacation' was hectic and only added to my tiredness. While I was gone my feet became really swollen, but since being home the swelling is going down - seeing the number on the scale go down instead of up for a change is nice since I know it is just the weight from all that extra fluid.

Most items for baby have been purchased at this point - just a few key things left to go get. I am thinking we will get a couple things this month, a couple next and anything that is left in December. Kind of spread out the spending I guess.

Baby girl is moving a lot lately and I get worried when I haven't felt anything for awhile - yesterday I didn't feel anything until late in the day, but she was quite active all evening so I felt much better.

I know that I need to get some things done - the nursery right now is a dumping ground for all things baby. I need to wash the clothes that we have acquired so I can put them all away and then I need to figure out storage for other things. If only I had more time to get this stuff done!

Other news:
I think* the dogs are all finally healthy. Dakota wouldn't eat much for about 2 weeks and he is now finally eating his own food again - we were boiling chicken, rice, veggies and just about everything else you can think of trying to entice him to eat for awhile there.
I received my teaching license for Colorado the other day, so that is taken care of for the move. I am also working on getting additional endorsements for my license to help increase my odds of getting a job once we are there....ideally I will have something lined up before we even leave here.
I am looking into another Master's Degree program - because you know, I don't know enough going on right now and I need to add just one more thing to the plate - haha.

Sadly, I have work I have to do this weekend so I am off to the grocery store to get some food for the house - it is looking like 'Old Mother Hubbard's Cupboards' around here!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Just catching up on you now. I'm sorry work sounds nuts right now....hope it doesn't follow you and things are different elsewhere. Thinking of you and your pups and the yellow dress...how very sweet! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You're in the home stretch! There never seems to be enough time to do everything when it gets in to those final weeks. Don't go crazy now! Make sure you get plenty of rest, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are in the 3rd trimester now!! Sounds like everything is going great and I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to pray for you, R, and baby during this final trimester. Thanks for being so open and sharing this journey with us.

    ReplyDelete