Life is a bit much right now. I have been back in town not quite a week now and everything just seems like "too much." I was in tears most of yesterday and they have been threatening all day today, though I have kept them in check.
I used to love my job - now, I am very near hating it. The state has mandated several changes for our program this year that is making our job darn near impossible to do. I spend so much time trying to "make the state happy" that I know that my students are being neglected. I feel torn between what I have to do for the state, and what I need to be doing for the sake of my students. It is horrible and so overwhelming. My workload this year is crazy - enough that they gave me a supplemental contract of .2FTE to "compensate" me for the extra work. To be honest, I am not sure it is enough! I keep thinking it will "get better" but that time hasn't come yet and I am no longer sure that it will.
My dogs are crazy. I know that a lot of this is because they are kenneled when no one is home - and since I was out of town they were kenneled a lot - they are used to me being home. They are also used to me being able to give them more time, but with work being so crazy there are days that I am lucky if I get time to have lunch. Please, please let things settle down!!! I love these dogs and would NEVER give them up (unless something catastrophic happened).
I know that a lot of these feelings have to do with my crazy hormones at this point. But, I honestly feel like I am at my breaking point and something HAS to give. I get stress induced eczema on my hands and feet and it is starting to make an appearance - something that hasn't happened since R was in Afghanistan!! My house is a mess, laundry is building up...and I don't know when I will have time to get to it - and this just adds to my stress.
Well, I have yet more work that HAS to be done today - haha. Maybe I will finish in time to make dinner and spend some time with R when he gets home...Thanks for letting me vent.


I'm sorry E! It sounds like life is getting a little crazy around your house... 'come on maternity leave! Let me know when things die down a little (if they ever do!) and we'll meet for lunch. I'll even let you tell me how insane work is- or we can just talk about how PINK your house is about to become :)
ReplyDelete