I am finally back home after a whirlwind trip to Colorado and Kansas. I had a great time (except for the part where my dad was a complete ass...but that isn't terribly new so oh well). I feel like I was gone a lot longer than I really was, probably because so much was crammed into the week. On top of it I had a horrible head cold and was pretty miserable for a good part of the trip - still have some symptoms but the worst of it seems to be over.
Poor R had to deal with sick dogs while I was gone. I almost had to cut the trip short because Annie was so sick (still) she is finally better, poor thing. Dakota is still not quite well, he isn't wanting to eat much and since he is diabetic it is important that he meet his caloric needs in order for him to get his shot every day. To top it off, R got my cold and wasn't feeling well either.
My sister and best friend hosted a baby shower for me in Colorado. It was fantastic and we received a ton of great gifts for baby girl. Tons of pink stuff....hope the dr was right! haha. I am very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. One of my favorite gifts (though they were all awesome) was a little yellow dress that my mom gave me - it is a dress that she had her 1 year picture taken in, then both my sister and I had our 1 year picture taken in it. She also included a copy of both her and my picture in the dress. It made me cry and I am so excited to be able to have my daughter's (wow, first time I have said/written those words) picture taken in it too!
The trip to Kansas was good, I was able to see family that I haven't seen in at least 12 years, it was wonderful to catch up. Hopefully it won't be so long before we are all able to get together again.
I am now 26 weeks and 2 days. It is hard to believe the third trimester is right around the corner! I still have horrible heartburn. I feel her moving around more and more - it is a strange feeling to be sure - but super cool at the same time. My feet were terribly swollen while on the trip - I am hoping it was just from all the travel and that they will get back to normal soon!
Well, I am off, writing this post reminded me I am out of needles/syringes for Dakota's insulin! Off to the pharmacy I go!!


what a good mommy you already to your two furbabies. I love the dogs names too..especially Dakota. That story of your mom and the yellow dress is so sweet. You mom seems very thoughtful. That is so special to have such a dress that has lasted so long. I can relate to the disappointment of a dad being an Ass. I have one of those. I never really get used to it and normally need a few days to recover. I hope you all feel better:)
ReplyDelete