I feel a little better after seeing my ob today. I was able to discuss my concerns with the high risk dr's "plan" of action. She indicated she was a little surprised by it as well. I told her we wanted to be able to try for another baby and she understood. I even asked if we could get a second opinion - of course she said yes.
We discussed the other option and its risks as well as the likelihood of this happening again, should we be lucky enough to get pregnant again.
She did say that at this point it is too early to tell for sure how much of a problem the accreta will be and that they will know more after the next scan - and even more the one after that. Due to this, we will wait to have the second opinion until they can actually see the extent of the accreta.
Then, she called the dr I saw last week to see why he didn't offer any other options aside from c-section-hysterectomy. He basically said that depending on what the next scans show, there is a chance they could try to save my uterus. He said that his recommendation this past scan was based on the fact that it looks "really bad" at this point, so unless things change, that would be his plan.
So, basically, we wait and see. I liked that my dr called him and asked him about his plan and was able to get an answer as to why his plan was what it is.
For now, I am back to praying...lots and lots of praying. Four weeks until my next ultrasound.


Lots of thoughts coming to you and your family! I hope at your next scan, things don't look "as bad" and you will be able to have more options for a future pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteDo you have to go with this doctor, or are there other options? I am always really wary of doctors who jump straight to the big 'H' without yet having a full understanding of what is going on. It is an extreme reaction that should only be preserved for extreme situations - and it sounds like your situation is still very much so in the wait and see stage.
ReplyDeletei'm so glad to hear that your appointment went well and your ob was able to get you some answers. i will continue to pray. big hugs! <3<3<3
ReplyDeletemaria
I've been thinking so much about you. Your last post was heartbreaking for me. I hope things look better, and you find peace in the situation. Meanwhile, have you started feeling kicks? Oh how I miss being pregnant (at least the good things about being pregnant. I don't miss the tension and worries). I hope you also try and enjoy this pregnancy a little more, which probably isn't easy, given the situation.
ReplyDeletethinking of you E! Sending hugs and good thoughts your way!
ReplyDelete