So I did some research and found that acupuncture can be helpful for treatment of infertility. Thankfully I am not afraid of needles! (I counted about 24 today!) Although I find the anticipation of whether or not each one will hurt or not to be a bit much - I am prepared for it to hurt, though it rarely does. It is all very strange to me and after a bit I start to feel a bit like a pin-cushion....or holy as I like to joke! She always says to relax and try to take a nap - I am not really a nap person so this isn't all that easy to begin with. Then, you add the needles and the fact I am too afraid to move while they are in and I am not someone who sleeps and doesn't move! Needless to say, sleep is not something that usually happens.
I am trying to convince R that he should get it too - again with the research, but I have read that it can help with male factor infertility too - maybe he's afraid of the needles? I don't think so, but hey, you never know! He has said that he would be willing to once we see the doctor next time. We will see...
The nice thing about acupuncture is it is a break from everything else that is going on - I get to just lay there and relax...no phone ringing or need to check work email - oh and no dogs driving me crazy! It is my weekly break from reality. I am however, really tired afterwards, which I have been told is normal - but jeez! I feel like I could just drop and it is only 8:15pm..way too early to actually go to bed. And besides, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice are on tonight - can't miss that. The worst part of being on the west coast is that shows are on later here - back home Grey's is on at 8pm, here it is on at 9pm, which means that by the time it and Private Practice are over with it is 11pm. Which is WAY past my normal bedtime. Thank goodness for DVR.
Until next time...
~E


No comments:
Post a Comment