baby pregnancy

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ramblings..

So R went to the Dr. yesterday to pick up the latest results of the SA so we could take them with us to our appointment next week. When he asked for them the nurse asks, "Have you had a vasectomy?" - not something one wants to hear when picking up results to determine the next step in our journey. Turns out that the Dr. ordered the wrong test - the one for post-vas, not the test for fertility. So, needless to say, the lab has to be repeated and we can pick up the results later on, probably on the way to the fertility clinic. This frustrates me because the Dr.'s excuse was that they had recently made some changes in their computer programs and he put in the wrong request...OK...so you know that there are changes but you can't take 2 seconds to just glance as the screen and make sure you ordered the right test?? Really?? Nice.

On another note, I am on CD16 with still no positive on the OPK. Great. I guess not all that surprising since my cycle has not been 'normal' since the miscarriage. Which in a way is a constant reminder of a) the miscarriage and b) the awful journey through infertility. I just wish my body would cooperate and do what it is supposed to do!

I have been feeling incredibly lonely lately - well, since R went back to work a few weeks ago. I work from home (and in a state we recently moved to) which makes it really hard to meet people. I have considered finding a job where I actually have to go in somewhere - but that means that when we do finally (hopefully) have a baby I would have to find a daycare center...which, I would rather not have to do. That and I am currently working 2 jobs (one of which the entire check goes to a separate account to help pay for IVF) and going to school full time to get my Master's degree. At least with the full time job I have now, I have the chance to get some of my homework done during the day. R said we will start going to church next weekend (although he has been saying this since we moved here...) and that hopefully I/we would meet some people there. We will see.

Well, off to feed the dogs...they are talking to me so I know it is time. =)

Have a wonderful day!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment