baby pregnancy

Saturday, November 20, 2010

And the emotional roller coaster continues...

So I had my ultra sound yesterday with the hopes of being better able to determine my ovarian reserve. It was on CD 25 (and still no positive OPK, sweet.) The doctor saw 4 good size follicles; two on each side. He felt that the best course of action would be to not 'waste' them and to have me give myself a trigger shot last night (never done that before) and IUI on Sunday. We agreed to go ahead and give it the good old college try...what can it hurt? Then, if I don't get pregnant this month then next month they will do another ultrasound earlier in my cycle to try and get a good look at the follicles. I am hopeful that this one will work!
As for the trigger last night...well, it took me about 20 minutes to convince myself to jab the needle into my abdomen. I was a medic in the Navy and worked in the immunization clinic for about 6 months, and my dog is diabetic and requires insulin injections every 12 hours, so giving shots is not new to me. However, I discovered it is a completely different feeling to be planning on giving myself a shot. It was fine in the end, but the anticipation was a bit much.
So now it is just time to wait for the IUI tomorrow and then the wonderful 2ww.

~E

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. I had a hard time giving myself my first trigger, but once it was in I realized it was no big deal! Praying that Sunday is your lucky day!

    ReplyDelete