Tomorrow I start my injections for our DE IVF cycle. Up until the last few days I haven't given this much thought, but now that the time is here...well, I am starting to panic a little. I am NOT excited about giving myself shots daily. I am not concerned with the SQ shots in the abdomen. I am however, TERRIFIED about the IM injections which are coming in a couple weeks. Not just scared about them, terrified. Particularly for the progesterone in oil shot. In all of my brilliance (haha) I decided to see what I could find out about it on the internet thinking (read: hoping) that I would find something that would put my mind at ease. The first thing I found was a youtube video...not too bad...except - the size of the needle! Holy Cow. I so don't want to do this. Then I found some blog posts about it - and none of them had ANYTHING good to say about it!
In other news, my husband has decided that financially it will be better to put off starting school until next September. GRRRR! I am less than excited about this. His schedule sucks and he hates the work he is doing - even though the pay is great. He is right on many levels. Except, well to be honest, I do not like living here and the thought of postponing our departure does not make me happy. I may have to get a different job that gets me out of the house - working from home is AWESOME, but isolating. Then again, IF I get pregnant next month do I really want to have a job where we will then have to find daycare? Not so much. *SIGH* It won't be THAT bad, and in all actuality it really only means staying here an extra 5-6 months or so. Guess I just need to get over it. IF he waits to start the program (which he will be unable to work during) we will absolutely have everything paid off and will have no bills other than rent and utilities and life AND we will be able to have a very nice savings. I just need to look on the bright side....which would be easier if the sun would shine!


The sun will be here soon :)
ReplyDeleteI think you might need a little vacation to a sunny land! My roommate just visited seattle and came back saying that it was awesome, except for the overcast. I know how much I love being in the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteI used to work from home, and I LOVED it. but it did get a little isolating. I ended up finding a nice flexible part time job that got me out of the house a few hours a week. It was perfect. (and then it turned into a stellar job offer that I ended up taking, since we were still childless and that was the only reason I'd been working from home... long story!)
good luck!
-foxy
so, how are they going?? :)
ReplyDelete