Monday I started the Delestrogen injections. This was one of the dreaded shots in the bum. It went surprisingly well. R was apprehensive about giving me the shot - asking "Do I have to stick the whole needle in???" His apprehension only increased mine, but we made it through it and it was easy. Then, about 2 hours later the headache started to creep in...my forehead felt bruised it was that sensitive to touch. Yesterday was even worse - so bad that last night, I went to my support group (probably should have stayed home) and the pain slowly increased...by the time I got home I could barely keep my eyes open, it hurt so bad - I went straight to bed and R went to the drug store to get me some excederin - I took that and a pain pill left over from surgery and prayed for the pain to stop - at that point it was causing me to be nauseated as well. It was miserable. This morning it is better...but not gone, and the longer I am up, the worse it is getting ever so slowly. I already have a call in to the RE's office, hopefully he has some insight. I just want to curl up in bed today and ignore the world, but I have classes to teach and I can't cancel because 3 of them are test reviews. Next injection scheduled for tomorrow....I am not dreading the shot, just the after effects. It is going to be a LONG month at this rate!
My sister started her injections last night and it went good! She had no trouble with it - what a relief!


Ugh. I'm sorry you are having nasty side effects! Hopefully the Dr. will have some insight on the issue. I'm glad to hear your sister's first injection went well- it is getting closer and closer!!
ReplyDeletesorry about the side effects. Hopefully once your body gets used to the meds, you won't have the headaches anymore. I think my friend who did the delestrogen injects had headaches for a couple days too. (she also did donor egg)
ReplyDeleteVisiting from waitingandwishing. What a remarkable experience you have. My heart goes out to you with all the pain you are in right now. I admire the bond that you have with your sister and that you two are going through this experience together. Best wishes to you... I hope you finally have your baby in your arms from this.
ReplyDeleteHa - My husband said the same thing as he gave me my first pio injection - Does the whole needed go in? His voice sounded so concerned in that moment. It was very sweet.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that you are having these headaches. I sure hope that your RE has some insight, because it will be a very long three months if you are bedridden in pain.
It is very exciting however that your cycle is underway!!! Do you read Augusta's blog at http://allinonebasket-augusta.blogspot.com/? She is in her 2ww following a DE cycle. She has such an incredible loving attitude.