baby pregnancy

Friday, March 25, 2011

Weekends

I haven't posted lately because, well, there just isn't much going on. Work, school, and shooting myself up (haha). The shots are going well, but I have noticed a couple little bruises on my abdomen - nothing major. Monday the Delestrogen starts - yippee! Tuesday my sister starts her injections. I am sure she will do well - just the anticipation is what makes it hard. Monday was my last day of BCP - thank goodness! I expect dear old AF anyday - but no signs yet - yet another way my body doesn't cooperate and do what it "should" - oh well I am sure it will show up at the most inconvenient time.

My shoulder is healing well and I am able to do most of my normal activities without help. Physical therapy is horrible, but I knew it would be. Just glad to be feeling better more often than not.
The jury is still out on the Ph.D. If I do it, it would be in history and I would teach at the college level instead of the high school level. I wonder if that would be more stable than the current K-12 education system where they are closing schools and laying off teachers? I just honestly don't know if I am up for it right now - and if this IVF works, then I know I won't be up for it.
I hate my husbands job. His hours are awful and I don't get to see him nearly enough. After being a military wife for the first half of our marriage I shouldn't complain - This is the first year we have actually been together a whole year and not been separated due to his deployments. BUT, I don't like being home alone so much. I am worried that when* I get pregnant (thinking positive) that when the baby is here I will be doing pretty much everything myself since he works about 60-70 hours a week. This makes me want him to start school sooner than later - but, if we do that then we won't have everything paid off like we would like to - and it could be a problem later if we don't meet those financial goals. I don't like feeling like I have been and I know it isn't fair to him because he doesn't like it anymore than I do.

He works on the weekends so our days off are not the same. His "weekend" is Monday and Tuesday - thankfully I can get away with minimal work on those days and we can spend a lot of the time together. Which leaves Saturday and Sunday as very boring days where I sit and dwell on the fact that he is not here...it is a nasty cycle. I guess I need a hobby! I do try and do Monday and Tuesdays work on Saturday and Sunday so that I only have to check email and answer the phone while R is off - but then that leaves me doing work of some sort basically 7 days a week - which is making me really burned out. I am SO ready for spring break, it can't get here fast enough (only one more week of work).

Well, for not having much to say I sure did write more than I expected - sorry so much of it was whining. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. hey girl,
    thanks so much for your thoughtful comment on my post yesterday. These emotions are certainly complex, aren't they? and adding donor conception to the mix really does add a whole new dynamic. I am so grateful to have this community and be able to go thru this with so many others who are also experiencing it and understand.

    I did all of my SubQ injections in my thigh. I tried my stomach one night and it actually hurt quite a bit more. Its been over a week since my last sub shot and I still have a big bruise on my thigh from a bad stick. and bruises on both my arms from all the blood draws leading up to the trigger! So far no bruises on my bum, but definitely sore!

    Take care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, I know that feeling with the weekend work! My hubby works 12 hour days on Sat, Sun, and Mon. And works a part-time job during the week (and sometimes gets stuck closing shift--days when I don't see him at all unless we have lunch together) We get to spend TWO days together out of every month. Every other Friday, that's it. So I am always thrilled when he actually is home in the evenings on weekdays, and even though we don't do much at least he's there with me :)

    Excited for your sister to start injects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I see you are a teacher too (which I have to always think is slightly ironic!) I hope you have a great break....sounds like you really deserve it. We are trying our 2nd IVF in June.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete