baby pregnancy

Thursday, March 3, 2011

On track

We are on track to complete our DE IVF in April. I am currently on BCP and will start Lupron injections on the 14th. My sister/donor will start her injections a couple weeks later. We are planning on retrieval sometime around 4/19. I am excited and nervous!! I have been having my mixture of emotions still, but not quite as bad as before. Now I am mostly worried about the horrible "what if" - as in "what if this doesn't work" - I know I need to not worry myself and stress out about this but it is there nonetheless. I think my sister is a little weirded out as we get closer and closer - she is not a fan of needles and I think it is sinking in just what she has volunteered to do. I am sure she will do just fine - and she lives with my brother who is an EMT, so worse case scenario he can help her, or our aunt has also worked in the medical field for many years and lives not too far from them.

In other news I drove today for the first time since my surgery. It was fine, but I am a little wary of venturing too far too soon. I am still in a sling and while the doctor said I could drive as long as I just used that arm to support the steering wheel at the bottom, it was a bit nerve wracking. It was better on the way home, but it wore me out and I came home and took a two hour nap! My first venture back out among the living (haha) was to acupuncture. It was a challenge to get comfortable but once I was it was fine and I think I even dozed off for a bit there. So today has been a pretty lazy day. The dogs are all wound up because they haven't been getting the attention they are used to - it is hard with only being able to use 1 arm and I am out numbered (I won't say how many of them there are, just know that it is more than a few!) I love them all dearly and am grateful that they are here to keep me company. The puppy, Gracie, is a handful and has more energy than she knows what to do with - I can't wait to get her into obedience training - or at least really be able to work with her more than I have been able to so far. Well, I am off to figure out dinner - another challenge with only 1 arm.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog layout and your font, it's too cute! I'm excited to hear more about your journey, and it's sooo great that your sister is donating eggs!

    I hope your arm heals quickly so you can get back to puppy lovin, drivin, and cooking dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you! How cool that we are almost on the exact cycle...I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting! Glad you can drive now but sounds tough. Best wishes for complete healing soon!

    Glad you enjoyed the acupuncture :)

    ReplyDelete