baby pregnancy

Monday, July 4, 2011

Anniversary

Three years ago today I married the greatest man I know. Our life together hasn't always been easy - for most of the first year we were married he was in Afghanistan and I didn't know if I was going to become a widow before I really had a chance to be a wife. Thankfully he made it home all in one piece - there are scars that can't be seen by the eye, but time is slowly helping those to heal and I have slowly gotten back the man that I married, though I think part of that guy is forever lost - you can't go to war and not lose a part of yourself. Then, when he got home I got pregnant 'naturally'(!) and we were ecstatic....only to lose that baby a short while later. Then the IF struggles began - you all know how hard that is on both of us individually, but on us as a couple. Again, there are scars that will take time to heal. I will be forever grateful that we have come out on the other side intact and with a stronger marriage than ever. Words can not express how thankful I am to finally be pregnant and how excited I am to finally make R a dad.

 Our wedding - with the beautiful Hawaiian Ko'olau Mountains in the background
Happy 4th of July everyone - hope you have a wonderful and safe day!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary E!! Wishing you and R the BEST 4th ever! What a beautiful couple you guys are! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you are a gorgeous couple! Happy Anniversary :)

    Also, so very awesome to leave that bleeding behind!

    Have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! You have so much to celebrate on this day! ENJOY IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your anniversary was a beautiful one!!
    Your wedding looked gorgeous, as did you!
    Wishing you many, many more!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Your wedding pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary, and congrats on your BFP! I came your way via The Johnson's Journey, and would love to follow if that is ok!

    Feel free to come visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (I'm also a Pacific NW gal! Portland here!)

    ReplyDelete