baby pregnancy

Friday, July 8, 2011

Attitude adjustment

I am desperately in need of one. The last few days I have just been in a funk and I can't seem to shake it - and it is for no apparent reason.
Our anniversary was great - we went on a river cruise to watch the fireworks - it was a good time, but a late night. We went to the zoo the next day, which was, of course the hottest day of the year so far. To say I was exhausted after those 2 days would be putting it mildly. R got me a very thoughtful gift for our anniversary - a gift certificate for a massage at a place that specializes in prenatal massage. Very sweet. I also found a place that has prenatal yoga - it isn't here in the town I live in, but across the river - which really isn't far, but I am still unsure about it as I am not a fan of driving in traffic.
I need to go shopping for some clothes that fit - my jeans I have are so uncomfortable that it just isn't working anymore. I am not a big fan of shopping anyway, and since I don't look pregnant yet, I just feel like it is silly to buy maternity clothes. Which leaves me just feeling....well, fat. (see...there's that need for an attitude adjustment coming through!)
I am finally taking my last course for my Master's program - rather than do a thesis I have to take a culminating exam - which is fine except that I have to find someone to proctor it (it can't be a friend or family member) - which is difficult considering I don't really know anyone here! If I don't find someone to do it then I fail the course and won't graduate. Grrr...frustrating. If all else fails I can probably have my principal for the school I work for do it, but the school office is about 2.5 hours away - the exam is 6 hours - which makes for a really long day. Obviously it will be worth it but I would much rather be able to be close to home - I am such a homebody anyway and don't care to be away from home for that long (pathetic, I know) and my job is just adding to that since I work at home - I have an excuse to just stay home. I know I need to get out and do some stuff or I am going to go stir crazy...which I think is part of my problem the last few days. So, the yoga class would be good for me - a reason to get out of the house for a bit each week.
There are so many things I have to be grateful for that I feel bad that I have been in such a funk. Tomorrow, I am 13 weeks! I can't believe we have made it this far. Tuesday is my appointment with the OB - I am excited and nervous (worried that there will be something wrong). Thankfully, R's job and schedule allows for him to always be able to go to the appointments with me - he thinks I am being silly for worrying so much about it - but, I can't help it. the pain of the m/c, while almost 2 years ago, is still a painful reminder that things can go wrong. (Perhaps this is the cause of my funk - the m/c was almost exactly 2 years ago - just a few days before we hit that mark...)
The good news is that R actually has the weekend off (something that doesn't happen as often as I would like), it will be nice to have the distraction.
Hope everyone has a good weekend - I am off to try and shake this foul mood.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to the 13th week mark, how exciting! :) I am with you in that I generally despise shopping, but I bet shopping for maternity clothes (and baby items) will be super fun! And don't feel bad about being a home body, I am totally one as well. Congrats on having almost completed your Master's program. That's awesome news, what an accomplishment! I too am working on a Master's degree and like you, my program requires that I take a cumulative exam at the end (complete with the hassle of finding a proctor and all, so I feel your pain). Fortunately, I have a few more courses to complete before I have to really start worrying about that, but still, the thought of it makes me a little nervous. Hope you enjoy the yoga class/massage (what a thoughtful hubby you have) and best of luck at your OB appointment next week. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Almost 13 weeks :) I hope you can shake your mood before the weekend- looks like it is going to be a nice one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just blame the mood on all the hormones :)
    Congrats on 13 weeks- you have entered the 2nd trimester !!!!!
    Hope you week-end with your hubby is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi... I stumbled upon your blog while doing a Google search for "worst headache ever". I've spent the last hour or so poring over your entries as if it were a fabulous true-life novel! With each new entry, I was hoping and praying for good news for you and your husband, and you have now got me completely engrossed in your story. As a mother of 3 beautiful little girls, I was fortunate enough to be a "fertile" and get pregnant relatively easily, but I identify with your longing to be a mother, and your story has touched my heart. I am planning on bookmarking your page and following along on your exciting journey with your growing family! You are in my prayers, as are the other mothers who dream of becoming parents to their own child. May God bless you with a healthy pregnancy and beautiful baby! And thank you for sharing your story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on 13 wks! i'm sorry you're feeling in a funk. i feel like so many of of us are this week. i know i certainly was and still kinda am. i hope that the weekend brings you happiness and peace and you find a way out of your funk. when you find the way, let me know how you did it, i need some tips ;)
    wishing you lots of luck with your appointment on tuesday!
    keeping you in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, what a sweet comment from ElisaJoy.

    I totally recommend the prenatal yoga class, I've been going to one and it is great. we spend a little time talking, and then do yoga. I love it. LOVE it! (and i've never really liked yoga before.)

    oh yes the funks. I feel you. Generally speaking I've felt very even keel emotionally, but there are times when I just get funky. There are so many emotions that I just don't have words for, and i think that they get caught up in making me feel a little stuck inside myself.

    It must be so normal to worry before these ob appts. We've nicknamed our baby Houdini because I convince myself that it just might disappear, and so need the reassurance of these appts to assure me that the baby is still in there.

    sending you lots of love!

    ReplyDelete