baby pregnancy

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Better

I have found that I am having trouble thinking of things to write lately - not that I was posting all that often in the first place, but it feels like more of a stretch now. To say I am preoccupied would be putting it mildly.
Thankfully, I have not had any more nightmares. I have decided to hold off on the 3rd beta....for now. I am trying to stay positive. I have been mostly successful. Of course it helps that I have found myself in need of the restroom much more often than usual - including in the middle of the night and then again nice and early in the morning....after which I can't go back to sleep because my dogs realize I am awake and think that it is a good time to go out as well, and once I am up, I am up. I have also been super tired lately - I just feel like there is no way I could possibly get enough sleep and have found naps to be elusive despite my efforts.
Ultrasound is next week - which feels like SO far off. I am pretty sure the waiting will NEVER end! There is always something that is looming on the horizon - some new milestone. So, in the mean time, I would like to fast forward about 7 weeks, please! 12weeks is the magic number I am anxious to pass.
In other news, R and I have been talking about trying for #2 in a couple of years (yes, it is WAY early to be thinking about this). I would like to start saving for it now. Part of me can't believe that I am already thinking about this. But, on the other hand, it is expensive and since our insurance will have nothing to do with it, we will need to save - and 2 years gives us time to do so at a more leisurely pace than we did this time around. This is, of course, assuming that the current pregnancy ends happily with a little bundle of joy to bring home next winter.
I am slowly giving up coffee - according to the container each serving has 24mg of caffeine - so well under the 200mg mark - I tried just stopping drinking it but the headache was monumental and so I decided to try a different tactic. I am down to less than half of what I used to drink, so I am happy with that. I think I will miss the taste the most - I don't go out for it, I make it at home (cheap-o instant cappuccino) - I can't justify a $3 + cup of coffee a day. I wish I liked tea more - or something for the morning - maybe I will switch to hot chocolate....
Our puppy came home from 'finishing school' (aka puppy bootcamp) and is a much better behaved girl now. She is still our fun puppy who is a little crazy, but she now has some control and will listen, which is great. It is nice to have her home - we really missed her a lot - R was ready to go pick her up the day after we dropped her off - its a good thing it was 2 1/2 hours away or it would have been far too easy to do so.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear things are going well! I think it is great that you and R are already planning for #2, I'm not even pregnant with my first and I am already worrying about the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the next 7 weeks FLY by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how hard getting through the first trimester can be. It was much much worse than the TWW for me. My anxiety levels were sky high, and I would wake up from bad dreams at night. but you will get through this :) Entering the second tri helps a lot - but its impossible not to keep worrying on and off. Its just wat IF does to you. I cut down my coffee from a full cup to a quarter cup in the morn but haven't completely eliminated it. You could try that - keep reducing the volume over time.
    Good luck for the scan!

    ReplyDelete