baby pregnancy

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Not a lot going on here...

I feel like I should be writing more on here, but to be honest, there just isn't that much going on. I am continuing to take it easy for the most part - which isn't too hard considering I am so darn tired all the time. Still not really having any other symptoms - just the occasional nausea and absolutely nothing sounds good to eat - I eat out of necessity only - half the time the things I decide sound good just do not taste good AT all. To be honest, I wish I had more symptoms. I am anxiously awaiting next week's ultrasound - is it Tuesday yet???

My dad was here for the weekend and left last night. It was really good to see him. He and R went fishing on Monday for over-sized sturgeon and they caught one that was 8.5 feet long and weighed 300lbs! and another that was 7.5 feet long and weighed 350lbs!!! They had a blast and are still talking about it!

I decided to go "home" for a long weekend and booked a trip to Denver for June 2-7. A quick trip but I am anxious to see my mom and some friends that are there. I wish R could come too, but he has to work :( and someone has to be here to take care of the dogs. I am thinking of taking one of them with me because he is diabetic and needs insulin shots every 12 hours - while R can and will do it, it may be easier if I just take him. Still undecided on that one though.

I am so beyond ready for summer break - which doesn't start for us until June 16 - this seems like it is a LONG ways off. I just hope the time goes by really quickly. I am a bit stressed about work since our awesome legislators are discussing some major cuts to alternative learning environment programs - so drastic that many of us (including me) may be out of a job for next school year. Just what I needed to hear a couple weeks after finally getting pregnant! I have written to my representatives, but who knows if it will even make a difference. It is so upsetting to me that education is seemingly so unimportant to these government officials. Cutting teacher jobs doesn't hurt just the teacher - but, and more importantly, it hurts the students. It is shameful, really.

OK, enough of my soap box for the day.
Sorry I haven't been posting much - life around here is pretty boring and I don't really have much to say..

~E

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm new to your blog and I look forward to following you in your pregnancy journey. That's exciting! :) I hope to one day be on the same boat as u. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that everything is going well with your pregnancy. I know what you mean about wanting symptoms- mine did not really kick in until around 9 weeks. As wierd as it sounds I liked the reassuring nausea.
    Can't wait to read your update after your ultrasound.
    Have a great trip back home!

    ReplyDelete