baby pregnancy

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Call from RE

Spoke to the RE earlier and he had us come right in for bloodwork and ultrasound.
Exam showed blood near cervix.
Ultrasound looked good - one gestational sac with beginnings of a fetal pole (as expected this early) - he didn't see any evidence of a problem.
Bloodwork: Beta = "about" 11000 (doubling time of approx. 30 hrs)
Progesterone = 10 (he would like it above 11, so I get to add PIO shots back in every other day in addition to the suppositories)

Semi-bed rest for the next few days.

I am relieved, but still worried - I can't help it. This is too familiar from the last m/c. I will be spending many hours in the coming days praying. Follow up ultrasound to check for heartbeat will be on 5/31.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND AND ENCOURAGING WORDS AND PRAYERS!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm relieved that things look good. I realize that it only serves to lessen your worry, but doesn't make it go away. Prayers are still coming your way. This little bean will stick around for the long haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh E, i wish that hugs could be sent via the internet. This is such delicate time, physically and emotionally. The unknown looms so large. All I can offer is that you are not alone, so please keep writing and know that we are all here with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my prayers.... rest, rest, rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear everything is ok. Take it easy!! Will be waiting to hear about that beautiful heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so relieved for you!!!

    ReplyDelete