baby pregnancy

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Second Beta

After four LONG days (and daily HPTs to watch the line get darker), I finally had my second beta today - and....it is 246.6!!!! This is really happening! I am SO excited I can barely stand it! The dr. will call later today or tomorrow morning to discuss the next steps, last week he said we would have our ultrasound in a few weeks, so hopefully that will be scheduled when he calls.

Thank you SO much to all of you who have stopped by to give congratulations since the first beta, it really means a lot to me, especially since I know how hard it can be to hear/read this news - even from someone who has been struggling with IF as you have been. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. I pray that you will all soon know this feeling!

I am determined to not let my fears take over during this pregnancy. Not sure how well I am doing so far, and I know I will feel better after we see the ultrasound and see/hear a heartbeat. I just want to enjoy this experience as much as possible.

I don't really have much in the way of symptoms yet - I wish I did because that would reassure me that this is real. So far, just tired. The only other 'real' symptom is breast tenderness - which can be contributed to the progesterone.

So, on that note, I am off to take a nap and relish this news!

11 comments:

  1. So happy for you :) I can't wait to hear how many little babes are snuggled in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful numbers!!! Congratulations again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo!!!! gorgeous rise...

    and thanks for your encouraging post on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopped by your blog.... and read your happy news. Congratulations!
    I did not have any symptoms until around 6 weeks post IVF-.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started following your blog but wanted to say congrats on your bundle(s) of JOY!!! I'll be praying that you feel no anxiety and that you are able to relax and ENJOY every step of this pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOT!!! SO excited for you. Can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! congrats! the numbers are looking good. wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb news!! So happy and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh we are almost on tge same page! My first u/s is the 27th if this month! We should celebrate!!!
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure how I missed these posts, but wanted to swing by and wish you a HUGE Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete