baby pregnancy

Thursday, June 23, 2011

10w4d ultrasound

We had our ultrasound yesterday - my back is still hurting, though not as bad and I refused to reschedule again, I couldn't wait any longer!! My poor back starting spasming part way through it and my legs started to shake, but it was SO worth the extra discomfort! And, I am feeling a little better today than yesterday - slowly making progress.

The ultrasound was awesome - baby is measuring right where he/she should be. I can't believe how much baby has grown since the last ultrasound! This was our last appointment with our RE - a bitter sweet moment. He doesn't usually see patients this late in the pregnancy, but since I have had the bleeding and my progesterone wasn't what he would like he kept us with him a little longer. I think he was just as excited about the ultrasound as we were - he really took his time and was excited when he could see baby's toes! Baby posed for the picture and then was wriggling around - SO cool to see, I don't think I will ever forget that moment. We have our appointment with the regular OB in about 3 weeks, which seems like a long ways off. I get to start cutting back on the progesterone finally! Although, I am nervous about it, it is like a security blanket at this point.

We still haven't told everyone about the pregnancy yet - we are waiting until after 12 weeks - which is right around the corner. I am nervous about this, but excited too. I know of a couple friends on FB who are also struggling with IF so I want to make sure to let them know before I make an announcement - I know it won't totally take the sting out of seeing it, but I hope to make it a little easier by letting them know ahead of time.

Still feeling pretty good as long as I don't get hungry! Nothing really sounds all that great to eat - and the things that do sound good usually don't taste good at all and some things make me nauseated just at the thought of them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Hope your back feels better soon. I was a wreck about going public but after all we have gone through as the RE said we need to celebrate the wins! It has been great being a known prego. It is your turn now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nausea is a good thing!!! So glad the u/s went well. But sorry you're still in pain.

    I still find amazement every time I read an infertility blog where I've followed their journey into pregnancy. It's just WOW. I can't put my finger on a word to describe what it feels like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Toes!! Congrats on graduating to your OB!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay so glad that your ultrasound went so well :) Hopefully your back pain quickly resolves.

    ReplyDelete