Well, I am sad to say I had to reschedule my ultrasound appointment - I couldn't go today because I managed to do something to my back and can barely walk. Now, I was (of course) REALLY looking forward to this ultrasound, so you know it has to be hurting bad for me to actually call and reschedule it. I will be going in on Wednesday afternoon instead, I wasn't sure I would be able to do it tomorrow. SO frustrating.
I am now 10w2days and I feel pretty good and am starting to think this might actually work. I know, it is a little late to be realizing this, but with all the bleeding it has been a roller coaster. The good news is that I have gone a whole week without bleeding. Having some cramping today but I think it is residual from my back - either way, it sucks. This past week I have had a surreal feeling about it all, I guess feeling like its really real is sinking in, I don't know. I still have times when I am feeling pretty disconnected from it all - not sure why but maybe because it was donor eggs? I don't know. I am hoping that feeling goes away, it isn't all the time, just now and then, but it is disconcerting nonetheless.
Well, I am off to go lay on the icepack some more. What a great start to summer break =(


Hope you feel better soon! Yeah for passing those milestones! I think every woman (at least that I've heard of) feels disconnected at some point. I can't begin to understand the dynamics of using donor eggs, but this baby is yours in every way, and you are nourishing your precious little one from the very start. I hope those feelings pass quickly so that you can enjoy every moment!
ReplyDeleteHope you get to feeling better!! =)Will be thinking of you Wed!
ReplyDeletehope that back feels better soon E! You have an ultrasound and a fabulous summer vacay waiting for you! hugs!
ReplyDeleteOh that feeling of disconnectedness. It bothered me for a while, but I decided that however I felt was fine and that I was going to stop judging my feelings.I can't say that much has changed, other than that I'm getting more and more used to the 'idea' that this is really happening, and thus, there is a default feeling of connection that is maybe starting to feel more comfortable.
ReplyDeleteMy Bestie talks about how she is always talking to her belly, but that still sounds strange to me (which is so weird because I always pictured that being totally normal, until now.)
Hope that you are feeling better soon!