baby pregnancy

Monday, June 27, 2011

Venting

OK, so this post has nothing to do with IF, but I need to vent and really have nowhere else to do so - so you all are it, sorry!
My DH is driving me crazy. We moved to where we live from Hawaii because this is one of the locations where there is a school for the profession he is wanting to go in to. Now, I do not like living here at all - and can not wait until he finally starts and then finishes school. (He is waiting until next Sept. to start because we want to have no debt when he is in school since it will basically be a full time job for him with classes Mon-Fri from 8-5.) We have talked about moving to Florida where there  is also a school, but I don't really think that will happen because with a baby on the way it isn't all that practical to move across the country with a newborn and 6 dogs. Also it would mean moving further from family which I am not a fan of.
Now, in the last week he has decided that maybe he would like to do something else instead. OK, fine. Except that it would mean even more schooling, more money, etc. Also, in order to get accepted there are special tests to take - adding to the cost even further. Right now, to be honest, it is a LONG shot that he would get accepted, which is fine because I am not too keen on the idea anyway.
Today, I get an email from him saying what if we put it off yet another year (GRRRRR) so that he has a better shot at getting in. I am so irritated by this. Maybe it is the hormones, but dammit I don't want to keep putting our life on hold. It is going to be hard enough to raise a kid with one income while he is in school for 3 years (since he would go year-round) nevermind the 4-5 for the other program. With the way things are right now, my job is not secure thanks to a government that fails to see the importance of education (yet another rant I will spare you). I feel like he is totally not even thinking. I want to be supportive -and I have been - and I will be if that is what he really wants to do and gets into the program. But dammit I am mad right now and he just doesn't see it. UGH.

OK, enough of that. Sorry for the vent, if you even kept reading, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Girl! How I hear you! I adore my husband and would do anything to make the man happy. However his career is one that has been significantly impacted by the economy (meaning he lost his job in the Fall of 2008, and has been piecing part time contract work together ever since.) He loves what he does, but a part of me wishes that he'd find a back-up career that was reliable (and didn't rely on me as the primary earner.) But really, when it comes down to it, what I care most about is that he is happy, because when he is unhappy - so am i!

    Good luck figuring this out E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, I hate those frustrating moments that don't really have a simple solution! However, the thought of having you around a little longer does make me kinda happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am sorry... this sounds really frustrating. It is hard to be in a state of limbo... especially with a little one on the way. I hope things become clearer- good luck!

    ReplyDelete