baby pregnancy

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

People (fertiles?) never cease to amaze me...

Ok, so this is going to be a bit of a gripe post but there are a couple things that have been gnawing on my mind for a bit now.
1. (This is the less annoying of the 2...just figure it is naivety). A friend on fb just celebrated her 3 year anniversary - making the comment that while they had been together for 11 years they were 'slow' at doing things and babies would come soon...OK - this is just being naive in thinking that it is all that easy - toss the b/c and bam! pregnant. Now, I know this is how it happens for many people out there - but not all, and the fact that she thinks it will just be that easy is annoying.

2. Now this one drives me absolutely crazy! A 'kid' I grew up with (obviously not a kid anymore, but he is my brothers age and I used to babysit him, and I still think of them as 'kids') anyway, he is married and his wife was pregnant. She demanded to be induced a little over 2 weeks before her due date because she "hates" being pregnant. She is one of those that got pregnant the second they started "trying." She just wants her body back and isn't used to not being able to work out and can't stand how she looks. This just flat out pisses me off - to me, it seems obvious that she takes for granted being pregnant. I get it that being pregnant isn't all roses and flowers all the time and parts of it are uncomfortable and just flat out suck - BUT - to demand being induced because you can't stand being pregnant is just stupid (in my opinion).

What really makes me mad about this is that all of us here would give anything to be able to be pregnant and then there are people like her who have no trouble getting pregnant and then hate it. Then there are those of us who have lost our babies much too early and will carry that scar with us for the rest of our lives - since I am one of those, this ignorant woman just makes my blood boil.

Ok, enough of my venting. Off to finish up my grade reporting!!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh completeeeeely understand!! Those who wanna get pregnant.. Don't! Those who complain about it.. Do!

    Wth.. Am I missing something!?!?

    ReplyDelete