I hate decisions. I always thought I was good at making decisions....until all of this IF stuff. I am constantly second guessing what to or not to do. And now I have more decisions: do we do a day 3 transfer or do we wait until day 5 - if we wait, there is a chance of having nothing to transfer. Now, I KNOW that if there is nothing to transfer that it would not have been a pregnancy. However, if we don't even make it to transfer I will be devastated (just as much as if we get a BFN). Thoughts?
Next - these are more minute decisions, but decisions nonetheless: pineapple, I have read and heard it can help with implantation. What do you all think? The other is caffeine - I know it is not good in larger doses. I generally have 1 cup of 1/2 caf a day. I have been trying to stop drinking it all together, but, well it is hard and I like to drink it (not that that is a good reason, but well, its true). Guess tomorrow will be fun since I am going to go without it...
Good news is that whenever we do the transfer I get to switch from the PIO to suppositories. Not that those will be great either, but me and PIO are NOT friends! My poor behind is bruised and sore. Getting the shot isn't bad, its the after effects. So, I am REALLY looking forward to switching and being able to sit without cringing!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!


I can't help you with your decisions.. I can't make my own to save my life! Does your Dr. have an opinion about what you should do as far as transfer day?
ReplyDeleteI had the same exact decision to make about a month ago...I went with a day 3 and I had a bfn. Next cycle I plan to try and hold out til day 5. That 2ww was really tough on me thinking it had worked and i was beyond devastated when I got my beta results. I said to myself why did I put myself thru that? why didn't I wait til day 5? If none of them made it to day 5 it would have been a bfn without the painstaking 2ww. This is just me thinking out loud here. I imagine how hard it would also be to go thru all this and not even attempt a transfer. I'm praying that there will be something that helps u make your decision. I wish you nothing but a successful transfer....day 3 or day 5. All it takes is one.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to recommend a day 5, even though we went for a day 5 and ended up not having a transfer. It's just that your chances are so much better with a blast. At the same time, I know that there are some RE's who believe that embryos do better inside a person than in a dish. I guess more than anything, I think you should trust your doctor's judgement. Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteI agree...trust what your doctor's think...those embryologists know their stuff! Our dr suggested we do a day 5, is yours suggesting anything?...Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could help you in some way with advice. I hope that whatever decisions you make,it has the best possible outcome!!
ReplyDelete