My sister started stims on the 9th and at her check yesterday they found at least 10 follicles! YAY! I am super excited about this. I can't believe she will be here the day after tomorrow. When we decided on donor eggs in January, it seemed like April was a long ways off and how here it is. Funny how fast time goes by. Every night this week I have dreamed about this IVF - guess it is on my mind. I finish up one of my meds here in the next day or so and I can't wait - I am tired of sticking myself in the stomach.
We had a good "weekend" (monday and tuesday) this week - nothing exciting but we got some things done around the house that needed to be done. Hopefully we are about done with all the house stuff and can just start to enjoy the weekends. Its Wednesday, my busy day for work which I am not too excited about, I am seriously considering taking next Wednesday off while my family is here - we will see. I haven't told my work what is going on - so far none of it has interfered, and I am not sure about telling them...thoughts?
Have a great rest of your week!


Yayy for 10 follies :)
ReplyDeleteThat's super news! Enjoy the time with your sis & one less med with pokes. Do you have someone to tell?
ReplyDeleteExciting how this is all moving forward to fast, thats how I felt too during our cycle. It all happened so fast. I would definitely vote for taking next Wednesday off to be with your family (so long as you enjoy being with them!)
ReplyDeleteMy boss and colleagues knew what I was going thru and were beyond supportive. I was out for about 10 days and they were so kind to try and handle as much of my work as they could so that I wouldn't come back to a pile of work. They also tried really hard to reduce my stress level during the 2ww.
You might want to plan to take a few days off after the transfer, to rest and generally not have much going on. My retrieval was really painful and took me about a week to recover from, and then after the transfer my Dr put me on couch rest for a few days.
I had so many monitoring appointments with the earlier iui cycles and leading up to the ivf cycle that it was hard not to tell my boss what was going on. I think it totally depends on your work environment, and could just as easily justify not saying anything if I could have pulled it off.
I do feel a little weird now that they know I am pregnant so early in the process. I might have rather told them on my own terms and timeline.
Good luck figuring out what is best for you!
So excited for you! 10 follies is great news :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! Grow, little follies, grow!!!
ReplyDelete